At the utterance of the word 'freckles', you are sure to find the most contradictory views from people. While those who have them hate the sight and would do anything to remove them, people who do not have freckles think 'the little spots' to be the most adorable thing they have ever seen. Freckles are actually yellow, red or brownish-colored spots of melanin. These spots are usually flat and small and about the size of the head of a nail. They mostly appear on fair-skinned individuals or those with red hair. However, prolonged exposure to sun can cause freckles in almost anyone. If you are also a victim of freckles and fighting hard to get rid of the spots, this article would come in handy. In the following lines, we have provided tips on how to conceal freckles.
Tips For Concealing Freckles
- Mineral makeup is known to conceal and blend any amount of freckles. It blends with the skin and gives an appearance of a mask on your face.
- Crush coriander leaves and extract their juice. Apply this juice all over your face and keep on for about 5 minutes; then rinse off. This is one of the most effective ways to treat freckles.
- Diet also plays an important role in concealing freckles. Include a lot of fruits and foods rich in vitamin C, in your eating regimen. Strawberries, oranges, bell peppers and broccoli are a good choice, as they help keep your skin healthy and vibrant and also clear up the freckles.
- Lemon juice works well to remove all the freckles. In case lemon suits your skin type, a good option would be to apply lemon juice on your skin. It is believed to conceal the freckles from the skin.
- Another effective way to screen the freckles would be to apply a baking soda and water paste. Take some baking soda and add some water to it, to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste all over your face and leave on for 3-5 minutes. This is sure to lighten the freckles.
- Applying lemon and honey mixture is found to have beneficial effects in treating freckles. Mix equal quantities of honey and lemon and apply to the face, like a mask. Leave it to dry for about 10 to 15 minutes. Thereafter, rinse off the face with warm water. This would surely treat your freckles.
- Sour milk or sour cream acts as an effective bleaching agent, reducing freckles at large. Regularly wash your face with sour milk or sour cream. The lactic acid present in the two would gently bleach the freckles.
- Foundation is known to serve as an effective concealer. You can use it to hide your freckles, in case you are in a hurry or have to rush for a party. Make sure that the foundation you chose is a shade in between that of your skin and the freckles.
- Try to stay out of the sun as much as possible. In case you need to step out, make sure you apply liberal quantities of sunscreen, wear appropriate clothing and don a hat as well.
- There are a number of products in the market claiming to remove freckles. However, before plunging to buy one, seek professional advice.
- For those having freckles in the eye area, get yourself a pair of high-quality sunglasses. This would prevent the freckles from appearing.