- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
Freckles are brown spots that appear on the face of a person due to excessive or uneven pigmentation. The ugly spots may also appear due to excessive exposure to the sun. There are various treatments formulated for the removal of freckles, ranging from laser resurfacing, chemical peel to the use of Retinol. You may also opt for the natural treatments and home remedies to get rid of the spots. Whatever the method is, you should ensure that it suits your skin type. Explore the article and check out the tips on how to get rid of freckles on face.
How To Remove Freckles
- It is better to stay away from the exposure to sun as far as possible. If you are going out, do not forget to apply a sunscreen lotion that contains at least 20 SPF.
- Retinol is popularly used to treat freckles and has proved to be quite effective as well. However, retinol products should be used over a long period of time, in order to be useful.
- You can opt for laser treatment for getting rid of freckles on your face. Treating the freckles with chemical peels is also recommended by many dermatologists.
- Bleaching agents are commonly used for the removal of freckles on face. However, you should be cautious while using bleach, because it contains harsh chemicals that may lead to scars. Make sure that the bleaching powder is not too strong. One option is to stick to herbal bleach.
- Daily care and protection of your skin can fade away the freckles effectively. Rinse your face with sour milk at least twice a day. The lactic acid present in milk will help lighten the freckles to quite an extent.
- Lemon is a natural bleach, which can be used as a face wash for treating freckles. Rub lemon juice onto the affected area, at least twice a day. For sensitive skin, soaking a cotton swab in lemon juice and wiping your face with it will be helpful in getting rid of the freckles.
- Face masks made of mashed cucumber, apricots or strawberries are also effective in lightening freckles. Apply the pack on your face and leave it on for ten minutes. Thereafter, peel off the pack and wipe your face with a soft cloth. Repeat the process twice a week for best results.
- Make a mixture of the juices of parsley, lemon and orange. Add the mixture to your face cream. Make sure that your cream contains Vitamin E. Apply a little amount of cream on your face at least twice a day. This will help you get rid of the freckles easily.
- Increase the intake of Vitamin C, as the nutrient helps lighten freckles. Eat citrus fruits like orange, lime and grapes, for the purpose. You should also add tomatoes, broccoli and cabbage to your diet.