Apart from being a delicious addition to a multitude of dishes, honey makes nourishing and soothing facials as well. It has both medicinal and cosmetic benefits. Honey masks give you a soft, smooth, glowing and healthy-looking skin. They open up and cleanse the pores; thus, moisturizing and rejuvenating your skin. A honey face pack is simple to make, but effective in softening your skin, giving it a younger and silky smooth look. In this context, dark colored honey has more antioxidant power than its lighter counterparts. Apart from being a part of some wonderful cleansing masks, honey is also used to slow down the aging process. Read through the following lines to know how to make honey masks.
Homemade Honey Face Mask Recipes
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add 1 egg yolk and mix well, until creamy. Apply the mask on your face and leave on for 20 minutes. Thereafter, rinse with warm water and splash cold water in the end.
- Place a spoonful of oatmeal in a blender and grind it to a powder. Mix the oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply the mixture on your face and let it dry for 20 minutes. Wash off with water.
- Mash a banana and mix with one teaspoon of honey. Add one teaspoon of plain yoghurt and combine well. Apply on face and allow it to dry. Wash off with water.
- Mix two tablespoons of honey with one teaspoon of milk. Smooth it on your face and leave for about 10 minutes. Wash off with water.
- Prepare half cup of cooked instant oatmeal and let it thicken. Add a quarter cup of honey, when it cools down. Apply it on your face, massage it with your fingertips and rinse off thereafter.
- Mix 1 tablespoon honey, 1 egg yolk, ½ teaspoon almond oil and 1 tablespoon yoghurt together. Apply this on your face and wash after drying it completely.
- Clean your face with a warm cloth and smear honey on your face. Leave it for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and use cold water as a last rinse. Use once a week.
- Mix a cup of honey, ¼ teaspoon olive oil, 1 cup uncooked oatmeal and ½ cup avocado together. Apply on your face and neck. Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse thereafter.
- Mix 2 parts of milk, 1 part fuller’s earth clay, 1 teaspoon honey and few drops of essential oil. Apply on your face and rinse off after drying.
- Blend together ½ teaspoon lemon juice, 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon honey, 2 strawberries and 2 to 3 drops of eucalyptus or jojoba oil. Spread it on your face and let the mask dry. Rinse off afterwards.
- Mix half avocado or 2 teaspoon avocado oil with ¼ cup honey. Apply on your face and wash it after it dries.
- Soak 5 rose petals in water and crush them well. Mix with 2-tablespoon rose water and 1 tablespoon each of yoghurt and honey. Apply on your face, let it dry and then wash off with water. This mask is good for both oily and dry skin.
- Combine one tablespoon of honey with 2 tablespoons of finely ground almonds and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply on your face and gently rub using fingertips. Rinse off with warm water after 20 minutes.