After getting up in the morning, the first thing that most of the people indulge in is making the bed. In fact, a room, however clean it might be otherwise, looks untidy unless and until the bed has been made properly. Though it is something that almost all of us are taught in the childhood itself, there are people do not know how to make bed even as they reach adulthood. Making your bed is a simple task, provided you are aware of the proper instructions. In the following lines, we will tell you how to go about making your bed.
Bed Making Procedure
- Fitted Sheet
- Comforter Or Quilt
- You will start the bed-making procedure by putting the bottom sheet on the mattress.
- If you have a fitted sheet, with sewn-in corners, all you need to do is fit it snugly over the mattress.
- In case it is flat sheet that you use, the following steps will come handy.
- Lay the bottom sheet on the mattress, in such a way that there is enough of it to tuck under the mattress, on all four sides.
- Now, tuck the sheet under the mattress, at the foot as well as the head of the bed.
- While tucking the corners under the mattress on the long sides, make sure that you have made flat folds.
- After you have fit in the fitted sheet or tucked in the flat sheet, at the bottom, it is the time to move over to the top sheet.
- Repeat the above steps for tucking in the top sheet, but this time, only at the foot of the bed.
- Following the procedure used in the above step, place blankets on the bed.
- Now, at the head of the bed, fold the top sheet back over the blankets. Make sure to pull back the sheet to about half a foot and then tuck it under the side flaps.
- Slip pillowcases over the pillows and keep them at the head of the bed, on top of the blankets and sheets.
- You can either lay the pillows flat or prop them up against either the headboard or the wall.
- Finally, you need to lay the bedspread, quilt or comforter on the bed and place the decorator pillows over it.