Do you turn green with envy when you look at all those gorgeous models in advertisements with a sleek waistline? Don’t you just wish that you also had a chiseled waistline? Then it is about time you get rid of those love handles. For the uninitiated, “love handles” is a decent name for the fat accumulated at the sides of your waist. Yes, the same bulk of muscle that dangles on top of your jeans! If you are one of those who wants to know how to lose love handles, this piece of information should be quite useful. Not just a controlled diet, you also need to exercise to lose the unsightly fat love handles. Here’s how to go about it.
Get Rid Of Love Handles
- Get up in the morning and drink some warm water. Warm up your body for some exercises. Stomach vacuums are the perfect way to exercise abs muscles. Stand straight and pull your stomach in. While pulling it in, you should breathe out and then hold it there for as long as possible. Slowly, leave it out and breathe in. Do this repeatedly for at least 10-15 minutes every day. It may pain a bit initially since the abs muscles are being moved after a long time.
- Pelvic lifts are another good exercise for getting rid of love handles. Lie down on a flat surface. Lift up your legs straight so that your body is shaped like an “L”. Slowly, try to lift your hip and pelvic while keeping your legs straight. You may take support of your hands to lift up your pelvis. Do this repeatedly for 5 times initially and increase the repetitions as time goes by.
- The traditional crunches are always helpful for losing those love handles. Lie down on the floor and do a single set of 10-15 crunches initially. When you get used to it, increase your sets. You may also try doing them with your legs in a crossed position.
- Don’t twist and turn your waist in a bid to exercise. It only widens your waist and is not very beneficial for losing those love handles. You may also pull a muscle or strain the sides of your waist doing this.
- You must eat more whole grains because they are high in fiber, which means that you will end up eating less food and feel more satiated. This feeling of fullness will keep you away from munching away the junk food. You will not overeat and practice healthy eating habits. Fiber is also a good for your body to maintain the health of your intestines. It helps in removing the waste from your intestines. This will help you in attaining a less bloated intestine which means that your midsection will look thinner. Fiber does not only help you to get rid of body fat but it has other health benefits as well. Fiber helps in preventing serious diseases like colon cancer as it helps the body to get rid of toxin materials.
- If you want to get rid of your love handles then make it a rule to never miss breakfast. If you take regular breakfast then your body will never get into fat storing mode. If you skip breakfast then it means that you are not going to eat for at least half a day. This will trick your body into thinking that you need more fat for the times when you are keeping it starved. When you skip breakfast and take ordinary lunch after that the whole concentration is on dinner and taking heavy dinner always leads to slow digestion and more accumulation of fat all over the body. If you take good breakfast daily then you are increasing the metabolism of your body.
- Incorporate yogurt in your diet. Yogurt has high calcium content in it and it helps the body to get rid of the habit of storing extra fat. It also works out to be a great snack and does not add up to the calories. You can use it as an intermediate meal between lunch and dinner. This way it will help in increasing the metabolism of your body and your body would not feel like it is starving. It is in fact a good practice to take little, healthy snacks in between the meals.
- Avoid stress at all times if you are conscious about the shape of your body. When you stress your body produces cortisol hormone in your body. This secretion leads to more accumulation of fat in your body, especially around your midsection. If you are much stressed then more often than not you will develop bulging love handles. You must try to manage your stress by doing any physical activity that you like; whether it is going to a gym or dancing or meditating or yoga etc. There are many ways to manage your stress and save your body from getting affected by it. Stress has many other side effects on the body apart from leading it to become fatter. It causes depression which again causes accumulation of fat because depression leads to eating disorder and people with this problem generally consume a lot if unhealthy fats. If you manage your stress and eating practices then you can ensure that you will have a fantastic looking body––well shaped and glowing with health. Bring in an exercise regime into it and notice the wonderful results yourself.