Losing weight by eating will sound very interesting to those who struggle to exercise a control on their daily diet. While the popular perception says that starving yourself is the only way to lose weight, it will be helpful to know that there is a variety of delicious and tasty foods that can actually help you to shed those unwanted pounds. The good news is that you are not required to confine yourself to boring vegetables and salads. You can have some of the most luscious delicacies, as long as you are willing to practice some regulation and moderation. In case you are pining to know, what they are, read the following lines and know what to eat to lose weight.
Foods That Help You Lose Weight
- Green tea is a must for those seeking to lose weight. It contains chemicals that help to burn fat and aid weight loss. So, make sure to start your day with a cup of hot green tea.
- Peanut butter, surprisingly, aids in losing weight, even as it satiates your taste buds with a rich, creamy and buttery taste. It is an excellent source of protein, which helps build lean muscle mass that burns fat and calories. Being a filling food, it also helps to suppress your appetite.
- Almonds are miraculous in helping one to lose weight, by boosting metabolism. They also contain some essential nutrients, such as fatty acids and protein, which are responsible for boosting your metabolism.
- Beans, such as green beans and black beans, are highly nutritious and also help to suppress your appetite, by making you feel fuller. One of the main drawbacks of a low calorie diet is that it makes you feel constantly hungry. Foods such as beans and peanut butter keeps you feeling full all through the day.
- Lean chicken and turkey meat are exceptions, when it comes to weight loss. They contain huge amounts of protein and very little fat. Since proteins helps in building lean muscles, which in turn promote weight loss by accelerating the metabolic rate, lean meats are your biggest bet in this case.
- Fish have also proved their worth in promoting quick weight loss. Salmon and tuna fish contain Omega-3 fatty acids, which are considered to be “good fats”, for they are unsaturated. Omega-3 fatty acids work to cut down leptin (a hormone that stores fat inside the body) and thus, help you lose weight. For the healthiest option, get your tuna fish packed in spring water, rather than oil.
- Berries also help to suppress your appetite, thereby promoting weight loss. Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc make the appetite full, crushing any desire to hog on other foods.You can also combine them with peanut butter and milk to make a gorgeous smoothie!
- The best results will be seen when these foods are coupled with a basic exercise program, extending to at least 4 days in a week.
- Eat small portions every three hours, instead of three large meals in a day, if you want to lose weight.