If you think that you can get those sexy ribbed abs by just doing consistent sit ups and crunches, you are just mistakenly oversimplifying the whole endeavor. Getting that famous washboard stomach is not that easy and you will have to work on various aspects before you get to flaunt those much envied perfect abs. A combination of factors, such as diet, exercise and others need to gel to support your efforts for getting a flat, washboard stomach. In case you are wondering how to get a perfectly toned abdomen, read article to find some simple ways to help you get a washboard stomach.
Simple Ways To Get A Washboard Stomach
- A low-fat organic diet is the best bet to get a washboard stomach, more so when coupled with exercise. The body fat is to be reduced to 9% or less for men and 13% or less for women by consuming low-fat foods free from the harmful toxins contained in the commercially farmed foods. This provides the body with optimum nutrition required to slim down and tighten and tone the stomach muscles.
- High intensity abdominal exercises should be performed on a regular basis, such as squats, lunges, sit-ups, reverse curls, crunches and rowing. These activities work to sculpt the abs and will help you to get a washboard stomach. These exercises should be preferably performed under the guidance of an instructor. To join the gym for the same is desirable for better results.
- The workout should ideally extend to 3-4 times a week, with each session ranging to 30-40 minutes. Make sure you perform 1-3 sets of 12-16 repetitions of each exercise. Also, take care not to over stretch yourself. The results will take time to show, but they will certainly appear.
- Exercise at 60 percent of your maximum heart rate to get the best results. In order to determine your maximum heart rate, subtract your age from 220.
- Ensure that you drink plenty of water. To know your water requirement, divide your body weight in pounds by 2. You are supposed to consume the resultant ounces of water. The chemical reactions of your body depend a great deal on your water consumption. If you do not hydrate your body properly, it begins to accumulate water in the tissues, which can account for a bloated and puffy appearance.
- When you begin to exercise, make sure to wear a heart rate monitor so that you can well determine that your heart is working at 60% of your maximum heart rate, as required.
- Try to avoid the intake of juice, coffee, sports beverages and other commercial drinks during exercises or otherwise. These drinks only dehydrate the body and don’t really help you in anyway, in so far, as washboard stomach is considered.
- Make all efforts to protect yourself from injury during the training sessions as it can halt the regularity for a while, thereby disturbing your training. If your abdominal muscles have gone sore, do not begin to exercise again until the pain has subsided.