Droopy chin may look ‘oh-so-cuddly and cute’ on a baby, but never on you! Sagging skin under your chin can make you look fat, twice your age, and even a big turn-off at times! Both men and women battle with excess chin fat and it can be difficult to get rid of and even more difficult to live with. Gaining extra weight is not much of a concern until we see some visible signs of that extra fat, like a double chin. A slight bulge lining the jaw is enough to freak us out and set the alarm button on. Double chin is the upshot of excess fat in your body and the best way to fight it out is to change your lifestyle. Well, it’s easier said than done! However, checking your lifestyle and working towards it before it’s too late and might save you from all the hassles later on. Here are some helpful tips on how to fight the chin monster and flaunt a healthier, better looking you!
Ways To Get Rid Of Double Chin
- Dealing with fat is never easy and when it shows on your face, it is all the more embarrassing, even a blow to your self-esteem. The best way out of it is to indulge in some serious exercise. The good news is that there are some chin specific exercise to bail you out of this trouble. Opening and closing your mouth as wide as possible is one sure way to burn the chin fat quicker. Just 15 minutes of this exercise in a day and you will be soon looking as good as ever.
- Beat the bulge on your chin with this exercise. Rest your palm against your forehead and push it for 10 seconds while gently resisting it with your head and neck tightly. Repeat the movement with your hand on the back of your head, followed by each side.
- Another simple exercise is lifting your chin up, while seated on a chair, with head tilted back. Open your mouth as widely as possible and then close it as you relax. This exercise is sure to get that chin flab disappearing soon.
- If you can’t take out some time and hit the treadmill as often as you would like to, just walk up to a glass of water! Even drinking eight big glasses of water in a day has proven to contribute significantly in weight loss. Drinking water also helps to ease bloating or water retention on your body, making your face look fresh too. So, the next time you are bogged down with a bloated face or extra flesh on your face, you know where to head!
- Technology has made it easy to get rid of unwanted skin fat today. Ultrasound is extensively used for cosmetic cures. It helps to melt the underlying fat in the skin by sending light waves, which is then dispelled naturally by the body.
- Liposuction is a huge rage in the cosmetic world and one of the easiest & safest bets to do away with all the unwanted flesh in the body. A small incision or several incisions are made for inserting tiny "vacuum hoses" in the skin and suctioning out the fat. It particularly works for double chins and jowls.
- It might take some time before you fully get rid of that flab under your chin. Till then, keep all the unwarranted attention off your double chin by camouflaging it. Wonder how! Well, a bit of makeup can go a long way to keep those eyes off your flab? Applying some blush along the jaw line can do the trick. Just start from below your ears and brush it all the way to your chin, making sure to blend. Highlighting the tip of your chin with some white powder will dramatically add to the slimming effect.
- A great haircut can add to your slimming effect. Just get your hairstylist to give you a cool haircut that draws attention away from your round face. For instance, layers work just fine for people with round face! Talk to your hairdresser and know which haircut is best suited for you.