Warts, medically termed as verruca, are caused by a viral infection. They look like solid blisters and can occur on the hands, knees, legs, neck, face, soles of the feet or the genital area. They are divided into six types - common wart, flat wart, plantar wart, mosaic wart, genital wart and digitate wart. A number of treatments, both natural and surgical, have been formulated for the removal of warts. If you want to know how to get rid of warts fast, go through the following lines and check out some useful tips.
Wart Removal Tips
- Duct tape is commonly used for the removal of warts. Place a piece of duct tape on the wart for six days. Soak the affected area in warm water and scrap it with a pumice stone. This will remove the warts quickly.
- Dandelion is a herb used for the removal of warts. The milk secreted from the end of this herb is highly effective in removing them. Apply the milk on the affected area twice a day. After a few days, you will see the warts gradually reducing in size.
- The juice of fig is very effective in removing the warts. Apply few drops of fresh fig juice on the affected area. Do this at least thrice a day, on a regular basis.
- Squeeze out the juice of three to four leaves of marigold and apply it on the warts. Apply the juice on the affected area for a few days. You will find this an effective remedy for warts.
- Massage the affected area with few drops of castor oil before going to bed. The castor oil works on the warts throughout the night, to remove them effectively. Apply the oil for few days. However, you should apply only a few drops of the oil, as excess of it may cause irritation on the skin.
- Make use of raw potato for removing warts. Slice a potato and put it on the affected area. You may also grate the potato or squeeze out its juice and then apply. Repeat this for few days for best results.
- Place a clove of slice garlic on the warts, every night before going to bed. Do this for about seven days and look for the positive change!
- If you find warts on your legs, you may remove them by using warm water. Fill a pedicure bath with warm water and soak your feet in it, for about fifteen minutes. Make sure that the water is slightly above the lukewarm temperature, but not boiling. After the warts are soaked in warm water, rub the affected area with a clean cloth. Now, dissolve few drops of thuja essence in water. Apply the essence on the warts, treated with warm water. If you want to get rid of warts fast, do this on a regular basis.
- Cryosurgery is a treatment recommended for the removal of warts. Consider the severity of warts, before opting for the surgery. Consult a doctor for the purpose.
- Wart removal products are available in the markets. Opt for the one, which contains aloe vera or salicylic acid as the key ingredient.