Chicken pox is a highly contagious viral infection, caused by varicella zoster strains (VRV). Although rarely fatal, it can cause some serious symptoms, which are very uncomfortable. Skin rashes appear all over the body and head, developing into small open itchy sores that heal without scarring, for most of the times. These lesions or blisters usually start as a small red papule, with a clear vesicle on top of that area. The fluid within this vesicle becomes very cloudy in some time and finally ruptures, leaving behind a crust. While inside the vesicle, the fluid is considered as very contagious, but once the vesicle breaks, it is not regarded as infectious. Ultimately, the crust falls after a period of about 6 to 7 days, sometimes leaving a scar.
Chickenpox scars can be quite pronounced and ugly, particularly when you have just recovered from the illness. For some people, it is just like a social trauma. They restrict themselves from going outside and socializing with other people. They fear that they will be humiliated and hence, confine themselves within the four walls of their room. Thus, it can be seen that the emotional aftereffects of the illness is much worse than the disease itself. To avoid this embarrassment and shame, many people look for ways to remove those scars. This article will definitely help you in this aspect. Check the amazing tips given below and know to get rid of chicken scars, paving your way to a smooth, scar-less radiant face.
Tips To Remove Chickenpox Scars
- Check a dermatologist and ask for his professional guidance. You can get a thorough evaluation of your skin from there and select from a variety of options to cleanse your face off the unsightly scars.
- You can apply vitamin E oil or other vitamin E-based products to your skin. This will not only help in the healing process, but will also help you gain a smooth and radiant skin. Use the oil evenly at least two times a day, till the scars heal.
- Another option that you can consider is applying sandalwood oil or sandalwood paste. This will particularly be helpful when the scars are old and deep. Apply the paste for a few months, to see some amazing results.
- Honey is also beneficial in treating chickenpox scars. Coat the scars evenly with the honey once a day. Let it dry for sometime and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Rub the scars mildly with a piece of freshly cut lemon. Remember to use this only when the scars have become dry and old. This will help to remove the dry scars and give the skin underneath a healthy glow.
- Always remember to add plenty of greens and vegetables to your daily diet. You should incorporate lots of cabbage, spinach, green turnips, broccoli and also dairy products to your meals. Such a diet will help you to fasten the healing process and also hasten the process of scar removal.
- You can also rub raw garlic on the scars daily. At the same time, avoid any kind of sweetened drinks or sugar.
- Drink lots of water daily. The beneficial effects of water, in promoting circulation and enhancing the natural production of collagen, have been known since a long time. In this way, it will help you to maintain the tone and firmness of your skin. An even skin tone will diminish the look of unwanted pox scars.