Given a choice between a beautiful mind and a beautiful skin, most of us will happily go for the latter. And why not, when most of us firmly believe that we all have a beautiful mind (who would be ready to accept otherwise, unless challenged) but not many are lucky to have a beautiful skin. The over-laden supermarket stores groaning with skin care products and the inescapable bombardment of ads promising to make your skin radiant, if not like angels then at least like those of celebrities and supermodels, are a testimony to this. Beautiful skin, other than making a person to look his/her best, is also the best indicator of the overall health of the body. That is why instead of faking beauty through make ups, it is infinitely better to aspire for natural skin beauty. Look at beautiful skin through a health perspective and work towards enhancing the glow of your skin by addressing your total body health. Remember that good health is the best way to light up your skin and it is more effective than any commercial skin care product. Follow the beautiful skin tips given below and you will soon have radiant skin that will be the envy of others. You will also be blessed with a healthy mind and a healthy body. The combo doesn’t get any better than this!
Image: ^@^ina (Irina Patrascu)@flickr
Tips On Getting Naturally Beautiful Skin
- Nutrition is a very important factor for getting beautiful skin. This is why it is imperative to have a healthy diet. Proper nutrition will nourish the skin and keep it radiant and fresh. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and try to cut down on fast foods.
- Drink plenty of water and juices throughout the day. These will not only keep the skin hydrated, but also eliminate toxins from the body. Water is an excellent detoxifier and the juices will provide plenty of essential nutrition.
- Start an exercise regimen. Cycling, aerobics and jogging are excellent in keeping the skin toned, as they improve the blood circulation. Exercise will boost the health of the entire body and so indirectly head towards healthy and beautiful skin.
- Excessive drinking and smoking also takes its toll on the skin. Indulging in such habits will only hasten the aging process of the skin and make it look wrinkled. Smoking and drinking contributes to toxin buildup in the skin, making it prone to blemishes and other skin ailments. So, for beautiful skin, cut down on smoking and drinking if not stopping it all together.
- Don’t over expose your skin to the sun. Use a high SPF sunscreen to protect your skin when out in the sun. Overexposure to the sun is one of the main reasons of untimely aging of the skin. Likewise, during the winter season, use a good quality moisturizing cream to protect the skin from drying.
- Multivitamin supplements are very effective in enhancing the health of the skin. Good herbal supplements can fill up the nutrient deficiency, in case your diet is faulty. If you don’t want to take any supplements, then make sure that your diet regularly consists of plenty of vitamin C rich foods like oranges, lemon, lime and omega 3 and omega 6 rich foods like almonds and sunflower seeds. Also, eat plenty of oily fish like salmon and mackerel.
- Regularly go for a steam bath. This is the best way to cleanse your skin from inside. The steam opens up the pores of the skin and makes it easier to get rid of dirt and grime. Use honey and essential oils on the skin during the bath to cleanse the skin more effectively, for a better and beautiful you!
How to get beautiful skin is a question that may people with fading and aging skin face. The beautiful skin tips given above will help you to bring the glory back to your skin.