Fish is the favorite of many people. It is a highly nutritious food and makes a great treat for your taste buds. A variety of dishes can be made out of fish and one of them is fish fry. In fact, fish fry forms one of the simplest, yet the tastiest dishes that can be made from fish. The recipe goes well with almost all the other food items and can be had at any hour of the day. The best part about the fish fry is that it needs the least of ingredients and can be made in a very short time. We bring you a mouth-watering recipe in the lines below, to help you know how to make fish fry and convert your meal into a grand treat.
Tips To Fry Fish
- 1 pound Fish
- ¾ cup Flour
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Cooking Oil
- Salt. as per taste
- Black Pepper, as per taste
- Decide on whether you want to have the fish as a whole or in pieces. If you are willing to fry the fish as a whole, use a knife to make horizontal scores all across the body. They allow the flavors to go deep within the fish and make it very tasty. In case you want it in pieces, cut the fish using a sharp knife.
- Rinse and clean the fish properly before cooking.
- Add 4 tablespoon of salt to 2 cups of water and soak the fish in the mixture for about 2 hours before cooking. This will help in removing the typical fish aroma and taste. In case you like the strong flavor of fish, avoid this step.
- Mix flour, corn meal, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Drain out the liquid from the fish. Take each piece of the fish and dip it in the cornmeal mixture, in such a way that it gets a uniform coating.
- Take a skillet and pour some oil into it. The oil should be enough to cover the fish completely while frying.
- Heat the skillet with oil to a temperature of about 400 degrees.
- Put the coated fish into the hot oil slowly and carefully. Add as many pieces as you can fit properly into the space available in the skillet.
- Fry the fish until it floats on the top of the oil. Keep the flame low, lest the fish gets burnt.
- Once the fish is properly fried, place it on a power towel, in order to remove the excess fat. Serve the fish hot.
- Be careful while dropping the fish into the hot oil. It can lead to splattering to oil, in turn resulting in serious burns.
- Take out the fish once it starts floating. It turns brown when it is properly cooked. Do not overcook the fish.