A delicacy for almost all non-vegetarians, fish is one of the most loved and savored dishes. It is one of the most preferred non-vegetarian dishes, not only due to its flavor but also due to the several health benefits it offers. Eating fish helps in lowering blood pressure and lowers the risk of oral and digestive tract cancer as well. Fish is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which boost the immunity of the body against the development of tumors. Consuming fish also improves the health of artery and reduces the tendency of blood to clot. While eating it is all fun, cooking the same requires a person to follow a specific process. One of the most important steps of cooking a fish is cleaning it. Before cooking, one must ensure that the fish is thoroughly clean, because there are chances of a raw fish being contaminated. Now, are you wondering how to clean a fish? If yes, then go through the following lines and get some useful tips for the same.
Best Way Of Cleaning A Fish
- Boning Knives
- Cutting Boards
- Fish Scalers
- Mineral Water
- The first step would be to wash the fish thoroughly in running water. Use mineral water for the purpose, as normal tap water might be contaminated.
- After you have washed the fish, the next step would be to remove its scales. Use a fish scaler or the dull edge of a knife for the purpose. Instead of big strokes, go for shorter ones. If you plan to skin the fish before cooking, you can avoid this step.
- Now, cut the fish right from the gills to the vent.
- Next step would be to take away the entrails of the fish. Properly check the fish to ensure that the entire cavity has been removed.
- Wash the cavity of the fish thoroughly.
- If you are planning to cook the fish without chopping it into pieces, make sure to remove the dorsal fin. For this, all you need to do is cut along each side of the fish and carefully pull out the fin, making use of pliers.
- Now, wash the fish once again, this time both inside and outside, with cold water. Store the fish in the freezer, with ice all around.
- Do not keep the fish out of water for a long time. It is always advisable to clean it as soon as it is taken out of water.
- Always keep the fish in the freezer, with its cavity part facing down. This prevents the water from filling into the cavity of the fish, which can in turn harm its freshness.
- Make sure that you drain the melted water of the ice, which is formed in the container while storing the fish. Drain the water to keep the fish fresh for a long time.
- You can either use the fish in the whole form or can cut into pieces, depending on the dish you want to cook.