Many of you may be wondering what Valentine’s Day has to do with children. The answer is pretty straightforward. Valentine’s Day does not necessarily have to be that one person who makes your life special. It is most definitely the celebration of ‘love’ and what better source of ‘love’ than the little toddlers and tots who brighten your day? Valentine's Day is the day dedicated to all the people you love, not just your lover, it includes your kids as well. In most of the cases, kids are the ones who are left out of Valentine's Day celebrations altogether. This time, celebrate the day in a different way, by throwing a party and buying gifts for all those people who are special for you. When it comes to kids, buying Valentine's Day presents is not too difficult, as they are neither too choosy nor too difficult to impress. Be it a toy, a gadget or clothes, children are surely going to appreciate your gesture, even if the day is not very significant in their lives. In the following lines, we have listed some of the best Valentine's Day gift ideas for kids, just for you!
Best Valentine Presents For Children
- Children love toys! This is a fact that no person on this earth can deny. Thus, toys automatically become one of the best options as far as valentine gifts for children are concerned. Go to the nearest store and buy the toy that your kid has been eyeing for long.
- If your kid is small, say below 5 years of age, soft toys are amongst the best options for Valentine's Day gifts. Right from the 'typical' teddy bear to Winnie the Pooh to Tom the Cat, the choices are many. Try to know which cartoon character he/she likes the most.
- Personalized gifts such as personalized coloring books, crayon sets, school bags, teddy bears and t-shirts make unique and personal gifts for Valentine’s Day. Not only do they possess a charm of a regular gift, they also allow lending a bit of personal touch from your side.
- If the child is only a couple of months old, the perfect presents are baby hampers, soft toys, feeding bottles, toddler beds, sweaters, baby warmers and soft stacking cubes.
- If your kid is too small, say around one or two years old, it would be a great idea to buy an educational Valentine's Day gift for him/her. The choices include sorting and stacking toys, wooden puzzles, building blocks, musical table and so on.
- There would hardly be any kid in the world who doesn't like cakes and cookies. This Valentine's Day, rather than buying a gifts from the market, bake him/her a homemade cake and a bag of cookies as well. Make sure that both of them are of his/her favorite flavor, be it chocolate or vanilla.
- Kids and chocolates are like two opposite sides of the same coin. There can be no better Valentine's Day gift for your child, than a box of his favorite chocolates. Make sure to wrap the box in decorative wrapping paper, to make it look all the more appealing!
- When the kids are small, they always seem to be falling short of clothes, since they grow quite fast. This Valentine's Day, buy your child a new pair of clothes. If you want, you can also buy the ones with some slogans on them, like 'World's Best Son/Daughter'.
- You could also buy watches for children. Watches make great accessories for kids and they can proudly wear them and show them off to their friends at school. Take your pick from digital to analog watches and make sure you buy them something peppy, bright and hip. The last thing children like are boring watches with regular dials. From Hannah Montana watches to G-Shocks, the options are many.
- If the children are slightly older, you could gift them a pair of headphones or earphones. In today’s world, youngsters can’t do without their music and need to carry their favorite Mp3 players with them wherever they go. Whether they play music through their phones, the Mp3 players or if they listen to music on the laptop, buying them a new pair of headphones/earphones could certainly brighten up their day.
- Game console is another gift that never goes out of fashion. If you have the time and the money to buy an extravagant gift, go for the latest game console and team it with a basket of game CD’s or cartridges.
- There are a number of children who love to read and what better gift you can offer them than books? Whether the children are into fantasy, fiction or sci-fi books, books make great gifts and help develop a child’s intellect. Books are encouraging gifts and are a perfect idea for Valentine’s Day this year.
- You may have noticed that your little niece/son/daughter was fascinated with animals ever since he/she learnt the alphabet. If you are okay with getting a pet or if the parents are alright with you getting a pet for their children, then there can be nothing better! Whether you choose to buy a fish bowl, a puppy, a kitten or little guinea pigs, pets are believed to better the psychosomatic conditions of children and according to recent studies, they help children live longer—a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day this year.
Although you feel there is no significance of Valentine’s Day for children, you could definitely make a regular Valentine’s Day special for them by giving them any one of the gifts above. So, go through this article one more time and choose the perfect gift for your children for Valentine’s Day this year.