In the past, it would have been hard to believe that a time would come when we would have to clean the air we breathe in. However, the situation has proved to be much worse. Now, we cannot safely breathe in the air even in our homes. No wonder, people are falling sick inside a house more often than outside it. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the air inside our homes and offices is more toxic than outside air, especially in new energy efficient homes. This is because nowadays, homes and offices are designed to keep the winter’s cold out and the summer’s air conditioning in. As a result, the natural exchange of indoor and outdoor air does not happen and the air becomes unsafe to breathe. To address this health risk, more and more homes and offices have started employing a purification system. Till now, the most effective are the ozone system and cleaners as they are capable of eliminating even viruses. If you are looking towards buying ozone systems and cleaners, go through the tips that follow and knwo how to choose one.
Buying Ozone System & Cleaners
- While going for permanent ozone systems do not depend too much on the cost factor. Rather, keep in mind the size of the house and your needs.
- If you install the filtration system on the central air conditioning system, it can reach most of the areas in the house.
- Keep in mind that in case of permanent installation, you will have to change the filters frequently. At the same time, there is a need to change the water supply regularly, so that molds do not grow in it. If you are ready to face these challenges, go for a permanent installation.
- These are very good if you move your house a lot.
- The ratings depend on the amount of space they affect.
- Before going for a portable unit, remember that it will only clean the air that passes through it.
- Its success depends on creating airflow to change the air five or six times an hour.
- Choose the type of filtration or purification process based on the type and amount of contaminants in your home.
- If the environment in your home is damp, better go for those cleaners that destroy mold spores.
- For a home with children, a cleaner that destroys bacteria or viruses is a good choice.
- Those suffering from allergy can go for a filtration system that removes pet dander, pollen, dust mites, mold spores, and other allergic triggers.
- Ozone system is very effective in clearing the air of fumes and viruses that cannot be easily captured by regular filters. The system destroys viruses by ultra violet light.
- You will have to keep in mind the overall budget and try to get as much features as possible, within the said limit.
- It must be remembered that high prized products may have other benefits like less electric consumption, inexpensive filters, suitable washing mechanism etc.
- Always buy those air filters that have been rated by established bodies.
- Go for those filters that have ionizers, which can be used along with other kinds of filters.
- The ionizer emits an electric charge to the air which draws it in. The pollutants and other particles then get adhered to the filter and clean air is released.
- If your cleaner has electrostatic precipitators, you can safely buy it.
- The precipitator creates an opposite charge on metal wires or plates that attracts and holds the particles, and thus cleans the air.
- This is also a safe bet in ozone systems.
- In such a cleaner, the air passes through it and the UV rays destroys the microorganisms and other particles.
- In this case, any bacteria that come in contact with the ozone are destroyed.
- Sometimes, the ozone can irritate the lungs and cause breathing problems. So, buy those ozone systems that have been certified by a government body. These certifications depend on the rate of filtration and the room size recommendations.