Security, durability and a long life - this is what the new wireless doorbell systems provide. There is no more a need of calling an electrician to fix your doorbell. Wireless doorbells use radio waves, instead of wires, to connect the switch to the bell, making them a sophisticated, safe and simple system. There are no wires required, making it possible for almost everyone to install the system within minutes. The switch is a small, self-contained battery-powered radio transmitter, while the receiver can be battery powered or plugged into the electricity mains. Wireless doorbell systems can be used to replace a faulty wired doorbell that is very difficult to repair. They are much more durable and safe than the wired doorbell. There is a wide variety of wireless doorbells in the market today, with latest advancements. You can choose the one which best suits your home requirement. The decision can be a bit difficult, because of the sheer number of options available. Here are few tips, which can be followed by those wondering how to choose wireless doorbell systems.
Buying A Wireless Door Bell System
- Your wireless doorbell should come with portable speakers. A portable speaker will help you position the doorbell in such a part of your house from where it will be audible throughout the house.
- Keep in mind the range of the doorbell, while buying one for your home. The wireless signal from the doorbell push button should reach the main unit. Thick internal walls and solid stone walls will degrade the signal. Therefore, depending on your home construction, you can choose a doorbell that will be the most effective.
- Make sure that the doorbell push button module is rated for outdoor use i.e. has UV resistant plastic housing and is rainproof. These features are quite essential for providing a long life and durability to your wireless doorbell.
- Choose a doorbell chime that will be liked by all the members of your family. There are a few chimes that can annoy some people with their sound, being hard for the ears. So, go in for a chime sound that will be soothing and loud, at the same time.
- Your wireless doorbell should come with a good battery, which gives a long life. Depending on the model of wireless doorbells, there are ranges of batteries that are used. Doorbells with standard batteries make life a lot easier, when they need replacement. Some advanced models even give an alarm when the battery is getting low.
- Some of the wireless doorbell models allow multiple doorbell push buttons, which are great if your home has multiple entrances. There are a number of varieties to choose from, to meet your requirements.
- Your wireless doorbell can also come with an intercom. It will be useful if you have a lot of stairs or distance to the doorbell. It allows you to know who is calling, without opening the door. This intercom is an additional home security feature that will help you keep your family members secure.