A bed frame is used to position the mattress on the bed. Generally made of wood or metal, the bed frame plays a pivotal role in deciding the comfort level of the bed. Choosing the right bed frame becomes necessary to ensure that you do not wake up tired and uncomfortable every morning, after a whole night's sleep. Regardless of which type of bed you choose, you should consider spending a bit extra money on a sturdy bed frame, so that you get a sound sleep, every night. In this article, we have provided some useful tips that will help you know how to choose the right bed frame.
Choosing A Bed Frame
- The first thing to consider, while choosing a bed frame, is its sturdiness. Since one third of your time is spent in sleeping, you should look for a sturdy bed frame, which assures you seven to eight hours of sound sleep.
- A crucial thing that decides whether a bed is comfortable or not is the height of its frame. The height of the frame has a direct effect on the height of your mattress. It is suggested to choose a bed frame on which, after placing the mattress, it is comfortable for you to get on and off.
- Look at how the bed frame has been fitted together. If you find that a few pieces of wood are connected at different sections, there could be stress points in the bed, which you would not want.
- A bed frame made of metal, with wheels, is considered ideal for positioning the mattress at a comfortable height. Moreover, cleaning behind and underneath the bed will be easier for you in such a case. Although a metal bed frame is not attractive, it is purchased by the vast majority of house owners, since it requires very low maintenance.
- Wooden bed frame is recommended for those who have small children at home. This is because, unlike metal frames - having sharp edges, wooden frames are safe for children. In addition, wooden bed frame are now available with several drawers, where you can store your child's toys or clothes.
- The bed frame for double beds can be custom-made to suit the interior décor of the house. Apart from the traditional wooden color, you can choose different colors and texture for your bed frame.