Your home can be enhanced ever so much more by the clever use of a beautiful carpet. A plain floor can be made to look exquisite, when adorned by these beautiful coverlids. There are a host of patterns for carpets, say formal, floral, traditional, and even natural - just to name a few. When the time comes for you to choose a carpet, the choices could be bewildering. After all, choosing a carpet is not the same as dropping into a boutique and trying on a new set of clothes! There are different types of carpet construction to choose from, such as Cut Pile, Loop Pile and Cut and Loop Pile. You have a choice between nylon, polyester, polypropylene and woollen fibres as well. You will also need to consider the practicality of the weight, density, twist and tuft bind and the padding of the carpet. You, therefore, need to be clear about your requirements. No matter how daunting the task may seem, the following tips will help you buy the best carpet and be completely satisfied with your purchase.
Buying New Carpets
- Decide on the specific area that you wish to carpet. Now, measure out the floor space to be carpeted.
- Visit multiple carpet vendors before you make your choice. Visit showrooms that cater to carpets only as well as home centres, as you will be able to widen your choices.
- Get all the details of installation costs as well, unless you plan to install the carpet on your own.
- There are different grades of carpeting available, based on the area to be carpeted. A high-traffic location would need a carpet that can tolerate more wear and tear. Keep this in mind before making your choice.
- Consider whether you need the carpet just to serve a short term purpose or is it a long term solution. If your carpet is going to be a long term solution, you could consider spending a little more money on it, in order to ensure you get a quality that will last you through the years.
- Before finalizing on the carpet, take samples back home so that you can make sure that it matches your walls and furniture.
- Remember that prices vary upon the place from which you purchase the carpets. Therefore, compare prices between different showrooms and choose the one that does not seem to be a rip off.
- Decide what type of padding you would want to go under the carpet. Usually the padding for your carpet will be included in the installation price. However, in some cases, this might be an additional cost as well, depending on the padding you choose.
- Get the carpet showroom to send someone over to measure the area that needs to be carpeted. Compare these measurements to the ones that you have already taken on your own. If there is a big difference between the two, then the chances that you are being cheated are high.
- Once you choose the carpet you wish to purchase, keep the sample with you until the installation takes place. When the carpet is unloaded, ensure that the colour, yarn and density are the same as that of the sample.