Being charming is the quality of an attractive personality. Some people have an inherent charm to their personality, which reflects in their conduct. On the other hand, there are others who vie to attain that charm, but find themselves clueless. However, this characteristic can be achieved over a period of time, through practice and patience. One of the basic ways to become charming is by putting effort and careful attention to the needs and desires of others. To know more on how to be charming, read on.
Ways to Be Charming
- To start with, improve your body posture, which will give an impression of self confidence. While walking, remain relaxed and maintain an upright posture. Keep your spine straight, shoulders thrown back and head at level with the ground. It may feel awkward or overpowering in the beginning, but soon you will get used to it.
- Relax your facial muscles, to bring them to a point where you have a natural, pleasant expression fixed there.
- Try to make a connection when you meet people. Maintain eye contact when you interact with other people. Nod and smile subtly, exuding a subdued joy. Don't be hesitant, but at the same time, avoid overdoing it.
- Try to remember people's names, when you meet them for the first time. It will not only make it easy for you to remember that person, but also send signals across that you like them and they would warm up to you.
- Show interest in people. Even when you are meeting a new acquaintance, like a coworker, a classmate, etc, find out about their immediate family and interests. However, at don't be too nosy, as it will make them feel uncomfortable. Follow restrain and do not talk much about yourself. Focus on being purely interested and impressed by other people.
- Initiate conversations on topics that would interest the people around you. The content should be in accordance with the surrounding. For instance, if you are in a sporty crowd, talk about a game or a sports team. Try to be interesting and open while conversing.
- Praise others, while talking to them. In case there is something negative that pops up about the other person, mention something positive that is likeable about him. This way, everybody will find it easy to trust you and confide in you. This will make you a charming personality, who will be adored by others around.
- Try not to lie while talking to someone, especially when you feel there can be evidence floating around in the open. Once the truth is reveled, your reputation will be in shatters and people will shun you.
- Give generous compliments to people and raise their self esteem. Appreciating other people's efforts and helping them in improving upon their skills will increase your importance. Remember that everyone wants to be liked and complimented.
- Be affable in accepting compliments. Show your feeling of gaiety on receiving the compliment, so that the person finds his effort worthy.
- Keep a control on the tone of your voice. Be warm and genuine when interacting with people. Your voice should reflect your sincerity.