Imagine that you have just made arrangements to get to the sandy beaches closest to you. However, once you get there, you have absolutely no idea about what you could do and end up getting bored. It iss a horrifying scenario no matter how you choose to look at it. That is why you need to figure out what you are going to do once you get to the beach. There are lots of things that you can do when at a beach and the best part is that there is something for practically everyone to do. It does not matter if you are not a party animal or that you are looking for some peace and quiet. You can do what you want at the beach. A combination of the white sand, the bright sun and the crashing surf has a lot to offer to those who are willing to let themselves go and just live in the moment.
Things You Can Do At The Beach
So, you have reached the beach and have finished spreading the towel on the sand, but what you are going to do next?
- If you have gone with your significant other then you could indulge in a quiet day with him or her. Take a picnic basket and have a nice lunch at the beach followed by a romantic walk and also some frolicking in the water.
- If you are going with a huge group of friends, then you could go around late evening and have a party on the beach, complete with a bon fire and some logs to sit around the fire as you exchange stories about some crazy urban legends.
- Remember the movie Madagascar? Like Melvin, the giraffe in the movie, you could also write your will or a message in the sand. Just try not to make it in a place where the surf will come in and wash it off.
- If you have gone to the beach with you canine companion, then you can have fun with it and play with ‘frisbees’ till both of you drop from exhaustion.
- If you are the sporty types then just grab two long poles and volleyball nets and get a court set up for some beach volleyball. Try not to forget the ball; volleyball without a ball can’t be much fun.
- If you are the reading and sitting in one place type, carry a book or a magazine along and you can read it while you enjoy the warm rays of the sun and listen to the soothing, steady sound of waves crashing on the beach.
- The tripod, a camera and a nice wide angle lens is all a photographer will need to go to a beach to capture the perfect picture of the sun as it rises or sets over the horizon.
- For kids and adults (especially those with a very active inner child) there is always the age old pastime of making sand castles. You can even enter the sandcastle in a competition. You can also take this opportunity to show your children what you did at the beach when you were a kid.
- Fancy yourself to be a pirate in search of buried treasure? Grab a metal detector and a shovel and get searching on the beach. We can’t guarantee that you will find a buried treasure chest and propelled to fame and fortune overnight. However, you just might end up with a collection of interesting knick knacks.
- If it’s a tan you are looking for, then there are few places better than a beach to get one. Just make sure you don’t tan yourself too much. You wouldn’t want to walk around looking like a roasted turkey, would you?
What you can do at the beach is actually unlimited. Some go there to find peace and quite as they try to forget something, while others go there to have a wild time and carry back a bag full of memories.