Dishwashers have become as important as refrigerators, ovens and toasters in the present-day households. There are a variety of dishwasher brands available in the market and you have to take your pick, depending upon the kind of facilities and installations you are looking for. However, there are some essential features that add to the convenience and comfort of the user, the ones which you should look out for before your buy a dishwasher. In case you need any help in this regard, read on. In the following lines, we have listed some very useful tips and guidelines to help you in buying a dishwasher.
Guidelines For Buying Dishwasher
- Dishwashers with multiple spray arms, a high-temperature cycle, an internal water-heating element and a built-in food disposal are the most user-friendly. The operating expenses can be brought down by using energy-rated dishwashers.
- If you do not want to scrape, pre-wash or rinse your dishes before they are loaded into the dishwasher, make sure that the one you buy has this feature installed in it.
- Light, Regular, Pots & Pans and Econo settings are the most important cycles for dishwashing. The Ecno cycle will air dry dishes, thus bringing saving on energy costs that would otherwise be incurred by heating the elements in a dish washer. So, do look for Econo settings when you buy a dishwasher.
- Additional enhanced cycles in a dish washer include Glass or Stemware, Rinse, Quick Wash and Sani Wash, which also add to the user's convenience.
- Some dishwashers have a device installed in them which raises the temperature coming out of the water heater. Look for this feature when you buy your dishwasher, as very hot water is the key to getting the dishes clean.
- Check for the size of the spray holes on the wash rooms. Small holes provide more scrubbing power to your dishwasher.
- In case you wash your dishes only once in a span of two to three days, a rinse and hold cycle in your dish washer is a preferable feature, to prevent build up.
- Go for a rack system to allow you to load dishes easily. Fold down shelving is also provided in some dishwashers, which gives a greater flexibility to the user.
- Watch out for the amount of insulation around the dishwasher tub, as it reduces the noise. The thicker the insulation, the quieter will be the dishwasher.
- You can also look for sensor in your dishwasher. It is a relatively new feature to, which increases efficiency by adjusting the amount of water used by the machine to the soil level of the dishes. However, sensors have not lived up to the expectations in many cases, so decide accordingly.
Just because a dishwasher has been priced too high, you can't be sure about its good quality and range of facilities. There are many dishwasher brands in the market that are priced moderately, yet are as much effective as high-priced ones.