The benefits of any herbal tea can never be underestimated. Since thousands of years chrysanthemum held the pride of place in eastern medicine. This flowering plant is rich in many nutrients and minerals like vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium, folacin, fiber, iron, magnesium, niacin, potassium, and riboflavin. As such, a tea made from its dried flowers is a rich source of health benefits. Drinking chrysanthemum tea two to three times, a day is the best health booster that you can give to your body. Unlike other beverages, it is not even mildly toxic. And when the winter recedes and the summer beats your back with heat blisters then the best and the most effective way to combat it is to drink chrysanthemum tea. It not only keeps you cool but also replenishes your energy. To make this tea, two types of chrysanthemum flowers are used - the white and the yellow flowers. To beat the heat the yellow flower is the best while to clear the congestion of nose and throat, the white is the most effective. To know more, read the article below on the health benefits of chrysanthemum tea.
Health Benefits Of Chrysanthemum Tea
- Chrysanthemum tea is very effective in reducing sinusitis pains. It also clears the head colds. This can be due to the fact that chrysanthemum is a rich source of vitamin C. Due to its antiviral properties it is very good in relieving head congestion, which are caused by viral infections.
- Chrysanthemum tea also has anti-spirochetal properties and so it can eliminate Dermatomycosis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Shigella dysenteriae, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus hemolyticus B, and tubercle bacillus from the body.
- Since there is no caffeine in this tea, drinking this tea saves one from various caffeine related side effects like anxiety, nervousness, and irritability.
- Chrysanthemum tea is also very effective in bringing down the body temperature because it is a natural coolant. This makes it a very effective tonic during feverish conditions. It is also good for heat strokes.
- Drinking chrysanthemum tea regularly also cures one of acne and pimples. It relieves stress headaches, gum pains, and also minor toothaches.
- This tea also facilitates the treatment of atherosclerosis. It is also very effective in the treatment of blocked varicose veins and cardiovascular arteries.
- Daily intake of chrysanthemum tea detoxifies the liver. This tea also brings the cholesterol level under control. The chrysanthemum tea also gives relief against shortness of breath as it fortifies the lungs.
- Chrysanthemum tea also has a number of stimulating properties and so it can be drunk to refresh the brain. It also energizes the senses and calms down the nerves thus facilitating clear and better perception.
- It also soothes the sore throat, and reduces giddiness. It is very effective in curing dry and red itchy eyes. It is also known to get rid of the dark spots around the eye region.
- The chrysanthemum tea is an excellent coolant and so it provides relief from migraine headaches.
- Since it is caffeine-free, it can be given to children.
- Drinking two cups of this tea daily can bring down the level of high blood pressure.
- It also prevents the cholesterol from clogging the blood vessels thus protecting one from heart attack.
- Regular intake of this tea improves the vision by strengthening the eyes.
- It is a good drink during summer to beat the heat.
- It is also very effective against bacterial infections.