Christmas season is equally awaited by gift-givers as well as gift-receivers. When you have a huge circle of family, friends and acquaintances to buy gifts for, then it might seem difficult to please everyone with expensive gifts. In such a situation, opting for the cheaper alternative is a wise decision. Cheap Christmas gifts can be made worthwhile by adding a personal touch and loving gesture to them. Given below are some nice ideas for choosing inexpensive Christmas presents for your loved ones.
Cheap Christmas Gift Ideas
- Flowers: The usual flowers may become expensive during Christmas season. Since you are looking for some inexpensive gifts, search for the flowers that are attractive as well as affordable, like artificial flowers. Silk flowers come in a variety of colors and shapes. They are as attractive as the fresh cut ones, although they don’t carry the fresh aroma.
- Cake: This sweet dish is an inevitable part of the Christmas. Prepare a midsize cake at home. Ensure that you bake according to the taste and liking of the person receiving the gift. Attach a message to the cake or write a personal message with the help of icing. With this present, you are sure to win the heart of the recipient!
- Gift Certificates: Certificates are good options as far as inexpensive Christmas presents are concerned. Consider the needs of the person you are giving the present to. If he/she is a shopaholic, then you may give discount coupons of his/her favorite shopping outlet. Others options comprise of gift coupons for restaurant, spa, book store, music store, etc.
- Off-Season Shopping: You may have a long list of family members, friends and relatives to please with gifts, during the holiday season. In such a case, it is better to go for shopping during off-season, that is, a few weeks before the arrival of the festive season. You will get reasonable stuff in clearance sales or discount outlets as well.
- Handmade Photo Album: Choose your favorite family photographs to make an album on your own. Buy a scrapbook and paste the chosen photos. Write caption under every image. Decorate the outlines with glitters. Write a personal message or Christmas wishes at the last page of the scrapbook. Gift-wrap the photo album and attach a ‘best wishes’ slip on the front, writing the name of the recipient on it. This inexpensive gift will be cherished for years to come!
- Sewing Kit: A sewing kit, with sewing needles, knitting accessories and colorful threads, will be the best to choose for people interested in knitting their woolens. Portable sewing kits are available on online stores at cheap rates. While purchasing the kit, make sure that all the materials mentioned on the cover are included in the kit. Don't forget to pair it with a spool of wool.
- Disposable Camera: If you can’t buy a high resolution digital camera for your loved one, don't worry! A disposable camera is the next-best option, which will be quite cheaper as well. Inexpensive disposable cameras with film rolls are also available for low prices and will serve as reasonable gifts for your tech-savvy acquaintances!
- Personalized Cookies Mug: Homemade treats are amongst the best Christmas gifts that are inexpensive as well. Buy a coffee mug and fill it with handmade cookies. Cover the mug with cellophane paper and decorate it with a satin ribbon. Make sure that the mug is filled with cookies to the optimum level.
- Fruit Basket: Purchase a gift basket and fill it with a wide selection of inexpensive fruits available in the market. While choosing the fruits, make sure that you pick as per the taste of the person receiving the gift. Tie colorful ribbons around the gift-wrapped basket.