Do you find yourself complaining about your health constantly like an oldie? Have a cup of black tea and experience a life minus medical complaints. Black tea is second only to green tea, when it comes to rich anti-oxidant properties. One of the most commonly used teas in the West; it was originally green tea with leaves dried further. Black tea undergoes oxidation and fermentation to get its avatar of a typical strong flavor. The tea has been used and recommended since ages, because of its effective medical properties. Unlike coffee, black tea is low in its caffeine content, which helps promote blood flow in the brain, without causing any extra pressure on the heart. Black tea is rich in abuidant tannins, astringent chemicals and has soothing anti-inflammatory effects on the digestive tract. These anti-inflammatory and astringent properties of black tea also help in eliminating the risks of various infections and diseases such as diarrhea, heart problems and cancer. The article gives you certain effective points on the healing benefits of black tea.
Health Benefits Of Black Tea
- Black tea has been researched and proven effective for preventing deadly clogging of arteries. It helps in proper functioning of arteries, thus saving the risk of getting heart attacks and strokes. Consumption of black tea every day will help in the improvement in the blood vessel functioning.
- Any hot liquid generally serves as a relief for an asthma patient and black tea is no less. Consumption of black tea helps in expanding the air passage, which helps the asthmatics to breathe more easily.
- Several lab studies have proven the fact that black tea chemicals can curb down the effects of cancer. It was researched that TF- 2, a compound in black tea forces the colorectal cancer cells to commit suicide, without affecting the normal cells.
- People who regularly consume black tea succeed in reducing bad cholesterol levels from the body that is responsible for heart attacks and strokes. It has been argued that people consuming 3-4 cups of black tea every day are at lesser risk of heart problems than those who consume just one or two cups.
- Black tea also helps in reducing the effects of inflammation in a person. The TF- 2, the anti-cancer compound, present in black tea suppresses the Cox-2 gene, one that triggers inflammation.
- Black tea also helps in improving the digestive system of the body. It is rich in ‘abuidant tannins’ and other such anti-inflammatory chemicals that have a positive effect on the digestive system of the body, providing relief and respite.
- Black tea has the ability to neutralize the germs causing various infections in the body. It helps in eradicating certain viruses, including herpes. Consuming black tea also helps in killing different germs that cause diarrhea, pneumonia, cystitis and skin infections.
- Black tea drinkers are at a decreased risk of getting affected by different cardiovascular diseases. It helps in repairing the coronary artery dysfunction in the heart patients, providing them immense relief.
- Consumption of black tea on a regular basis also has a healing impact on various intestinal disorders, due to the presence of tannins in it. Diarrhea patients are recommended to sip in 3-4 cups of black tea every day, for maximum relief.
- Drinking black tea every day will prevent cancerous growth in the breast, especially in women in pre-menopausal phase. It helps in raising the level of globulin hormones during the menstrual cycle periods in a female. Black tea also helps in destroying the abnormal cells in the body before they cause any major damage or change into cancerous cells.