Detoxification as a healing process has been in use since centuries by many cultures, including the Ayurvedic and the Chinese medicine system. Detoxification is nothing but the process of resting, cleaning and nourishing the body from inside out. It is the process of purifying the blood, by eliminating all the toxins from the blood and liver and providing the body with healthy nutrients. The process of detoxification helps in healing and protecting the body against diseases, thereby renewing the body’s ability to maintain optimum health. A regular routine of detoxification induces mental alertness and renewed energy. In the following lines, we have provided you with ways to detoxify your body and stay immune to all the diseases.
Ways To Detoxify Your Body
- Water therapy is the best therapy to get rid of harmful toxic materials from the body. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to flush out all the toxins from the body.
- Intake of fiber also helps in the process of detoxifying the body. Consume food rich in fiber, which includes brown rice and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beetroot, radish, artichoke, cabbage, broccoli, chlorella and seaweed are other excellent detoxifying foods. Consuming such foods will help your body lose all the toxins.
- For the body to detoxify, it is important for the liver to function properly. Consume plenty of herbs like dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle to keep your liver clean and protected. These herbs provide the liver with enough strength to clean the body. Drinking a cup of green tea every day also helps in detoxifying the body.
- If you are planning to get rid of all the impurities and staying fit, stop all your bad habits. Say no to all the fast foods and foods rich in fat content. Give up excessive smoking, drinking and intake of drugs.
- Consume products rich in vitamin C to help the body produce glutathione. Glutathione is a liver compound that drives away the toxins from the body and keeps it fit and healthy.
- Resort to meditation and yoga. Meditation and breathing therapy are the best ways of flushing out toxins from the body. While meditating, breathe in and out deeply to allow proper and complete oxygen circulation in the body. Think positive while meditating and instill positive thoughts, thereby transforming stress into positive energy.
- You can get rid of impurities from the body by simply sweating out in a sauna room. This will help in perspiration, which would in turn assist the body in eliminating wastes.
- Hydrotherapy also helps your body to get rid of its wastes and toxins. Take a hot shower for about 5 minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. After hot water, run cold water for 30 seconds. Repeat this exercise three times, after which get into a bed for half an hour. This is a very soothing and an easy method of detoxifying the body.
- Exercising is the best way for detoxifying a body. Jump-roping, jogging or any form of martial arts are some of the best ways for cleaning the body. An exercise schedule every day for an hour will help you lose all your impurities within few days and will also keep you lean and fit.
- Chew your food properly about 30 times along with the count to help proper digestion. Consume small portions of food while having a meal. This is a good way to start the detoxification process, though it requires a lot of discipline.
- Skip to a vegetarian diet to aid the detoxification process. A fruit for breakfast, a vegetable salad for lunch and a meal of cooked vegetables with some raw nuts is the best diet that you can provide to your body to help detoxify faster.
- Dry-brush your skin or use foot spas and foot-baths to get rid of the toxins from your body pores. There are special brushes available in the market to help you brush out the toxins from your pores.
- Juice fasting is yet another great way to detoxify, because of the ample amount of nutrients supplied to the body during the process. The nutrients, enzymes and little calories provided by the fruit juices help in a more comfortable detoxification process.