There are four basic varieties of tea consumed by people across the globe - oolong tea, green tea, white tea and black tea. Though all the four varieties are made from leaves of Camellia sinensis, black tea has the strongest flavor and also retains its favor for a large number of years. Apart from that, black tea is associated with a large number of benefits. However, in order to reap the full benefits of black tea, you have to consume it without adding any sugar or milk. Otherwise, it will lose majority of its properties and along with them, most of the health benefits that have been listed below.
Black Tea Health Benefits
- Black tea contains a very low amount of caffeine, which helps promote the flow of blood in the brain, without any danger of over-stimulating the heart.
- Various studies have come up with the conclusion that the tea slows down the growth of cancerous cells, without destroying healthy cells. Thus, it can be used in the fight against cancer.
- Black tea has been known to expand the airways, thus making breathing easier for those suffering from asthma.
- The tea can destroy the viruses in your mouth (like herpes) and also help prevent diarrhea, pneumonia, cystitis, and skin infections.
- Black tea contains the trace element fluoride, which has been associated with oral health and prevention of tooth decay, along with the strengthening of tooth enamel
- The tea is rich in antioxidants that help the body fight against free radicals, which can otherwise lead to numerous chronic diseases.
- Black tea can help expand arteries, in turn promoting blood flow to the heart. Drinking it regularly can help reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- The caffeine present in the tea helps bring about an improvement in mental focus and concentration.
- It is believed that black tea can help delay the aging process. This is the reason why the tea extract is being used in various anti aging creams and lotions.
- The tea helps reduce bad cholesterol in the body and also leads to an increase in good cholesterol.
- Regular consumption of black tea can speed up the rate of metabolism and make the body burn more fat. So, if you are trying to lose weight, the tea would prove extremely beneficial to you.
- If you are suffering from diabetes, drinking the tea regularly will prove useful. It helps decrease glucose levels in the body.
- Black tea consists of tannins and astringent chemicals in abundant quantities. It also boasts of a soothing, anti-inflammatory effect on the digestive tract.
- The tea is rich in anti-inflammatory properties and proves to be beneficial for those suffering from arthritis.
- Black tea can prove effective in balancing the hormone levels in the body, in turn keeping stress at bay.
- The tea helps the body fight bacteria and strengthens the immune system as well.