Beetroot juice is well known for its medicinal qualities since ages. It is known for its amazing heath benefits for almost all parts of the body. And yet, very few people include it in their daily diet. It is not something that many people would die for but once you get to know its amazing benefits, you are quite likely to crave it. Beetroot juice is full of many essential vitamins and minerals and thus it opens up various avenues to healthier living, both in make and body. It is known for preventing various diseases and improves the overall health of an individual. Also there have been claims that it can be considered Nature’s Viagra since it has high levels of boron, which is directly related to producing sex hormones. In Germany, the intake of beetroot juice is on such a wide scale that it is available in pasteurized forms in bottles as a powerful drink for a period of recovery. Read on to learn some interesting benefits of beetroot juice.
Health Benefits Of Beetroot Juice
- Beetroot juice contains betalains, a type of antioxidant that helps relax the mind and also prevents oxidative stress. Tryptophan, found in chocolate, is also found in beetroot juice, and it contributes to a sense of well being.
- Beetroot juice has the power to raise good cholesterol levels and lower bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- One of the most important benefits of beetroot juice is that it increases stamina. It reduces the oxygen uptake which reduces fatigue and increases stamina because of the nitrate it contains.
- One of the most well known benefits of beetroot juice is that it is rich in iron which helps in purifying the blood and also helps in cooling it. It also helps in curing anemia.
- Beetroot juice contains betacyanin, which helps avoid the formation of cancerous tumors and also detoxifies the body by eradicating all the harmful toxins. Hence, beetroot juice is very beneficial in the prevention of cancer, especially colon cancer.
- Beetroot juice contains carbohydrates in a natural sugar form. The fibers help in digesting the food and they also help in curing and treatment of diseases like nausea and vomiting, jaundice, hepatitis, dysentery, constipation, diarrhea and piles.
- The Nitrate contents of Beetroot juice help in expanding blood vessels and supplying more blood and oxygen to the heart. This keeps the heart healthy and also reduces chest pain from heart disease and hardened arteries.
- Regular consumption of beetroot juice can help prevent varicose veins.
- Nitrate found in beetroot juice also helps lower blood pressure for those suffering from high blood pressure.
- Beetroot juice can dissolve inorganic calcium deposits in the body. Hence, it is very important for the prevention of circulatory disorders like arteriosclerosis, varicose veins, hypertension, etc.
- Beetroot juice contains B vitamin folate that helps prevent a wide range of birth defects in babies.
- Consuming beetroot juice regularly aids in cure and prevention of skin inflammation, dry skin problems, acne, pustules and dandruff. It also eradicates blemishes and helps the skin and hair grow healthy.
- Beetroot juice contains choline that not only detoxifies the liver but the entire body of alcohol. It helps the liver function to get healthier because it also contains the bioactive agent betaine. When the liver starts functioning properly, it becomes capable of breaking down the fats, helping weight loss and preventing nausea and fatigue.
- Beetroot juice’s alkalinity is very important and efficient in fighting acidosis.
- Gout is another disease that can be immensely helped by the cleansing properties that beetroot juice offers.
- Beetroot juice provides high levels of vitamins C, B1, B2, B3, A and Folic Acid. It also provides a huge list of important nutrients like phosphorus, zinc, potassium, manganese, copper, iron and selenium. Also, it contains proteins in the form of a complete set of Amino Acids.