Special K is one of the diets that promise you a slimmer weight. Manufactured by Kellogg’s, Special K is a slightly toasted breakfast cereal, which is prepared largely from rice and wheat. For marketing reasons, the term special was attached to the ‘K’ that denotes Kellogg’s. Regardless of the name, Special K is not infused with Vitamin K. According to the company, Special K Diet facilitates people to loose six pounds in two weeks.
All you have to do is eat this cereal for two meals a day (preferably breakfast and lunch), with skimmed milk and fruits. The person can take snacks comprised of fruits or vegetables. As this diet puts calcium into the body, and extra calcium helps in weight loss, the followers find a quick fall in weight. Such diet is not intended for long-term maintenance. As regards Health information and Nutrition Data, 1 cup serving of Kellogg's Special K cereal has 110 calories, 0g Fat, 22g Carbohydrates and 4g Sugar.
Special K Cereal Diet Facts
Ignorance about the right weight-loss program is essentially becoming the easy tool for companies to dupe people and generate revenue. Interesting fact about Special K cereal diet is that by eating it in the suggested way, it adds calcium in the diet and cuts down the intake of fat. For a short period of time, this could reduce the weight but the long-term effects could be poor.
- This diet lacks nutrition and vitamins, making it overall an unbalanced diet.
- Eating breakfast regularly aids in weight loss, so this diet is not doing any extra work.
- In the first few weeks, quick weight loss can be seen, but this would not be permanent. As soon as you start eating in the ordinary manner, the condition would become the same.
- Special K is not wholegrain, nor is it a good source of fiber. To furnish your fiber needs, you would be required to eat ample of fruits and non-cereal meal like brown rice or whole-grain bread (one meal in a day).
- The replacement of two meals might not encourage positive changes to eating habits.