Nausea is a condition wherein a person feels like puking, but does not actually end up vomiting. It makes you feel weak from inside. Dizziness, pain in the stomach, excessive sweating, and decreased alertness are some of the common symptoms related to nausea. The condition is the result of a number of reasons, the most common being reaction to certain smells, food poisoning, stress, overeating and intolerance to certain food stuffs. If you are also experiencing the nauseous feeling, you would want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Go through the article and learn how to get relief from nausea, by opting for the natural ways.
Natural Treatments To Get Rid Of Nausea
- Nausea is sometimes caused by the lack of oxygen to the brain, when the circulation within your body gets messed up. So, when you feel nauseated, sit down, relax and take slow, deep breaths. Inhale air through your nose and exhale through the mouth.
- Nausea leads to dehydration. So, you have to restore the lost water. Drink clear fluids, such as water and fresh juice, whenever you have a nauseating feeling. It is advisable to take small sips of ice water.
- Weak tea is regarded as a good medicine for nausea. Brew a cup of tea, by using very little amount of tea leaves. Stir in ½ teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of sugar and then drink the tea.
- Herbal tea, made with ginseng, peppermint and chamomile, can cure the queasy feeling experienced during nausea. The herbal tea will relieve you from stomach upset and quell the possibilities of puking as well.
- Mix the juice of half a lemon with one glass of water. Add a pinch of salt and then drink it. It will provide instant relief from nausea.
- Ginger is an effective natural remedy for nausea. You may eat some minced fresh ginger or drink ginger tea.
- Stay away from fried, fatty, spicy and heavy food, till the time you find total relief from nausea. If you have just vomited, do not consume solid food for the next six hours.
- Bland food, like toast or crackers, is recommended for patients suffering from nausea. Ensure that you eat only a small quantity of food in each meal, until you get rid of nausea. Instead of eating three big meals, eat five small meals a day, when you feeling like puking.
- Stay away from aerated sugary drinks, because the high sugar content in them may aggravate the nauseous feeling.
- Apple cider vinegar has been observed to be one of the best home remedies for treating nausea. You need to put 1 tbsp each of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of cold water and mix well. Have this mixture as and when you get the nauseating feeling.
- If the problem of nausea persists even after following the natural remedies, immediately consult a doctor and get medicines prescribed for the same.