The best way to combat stress and refresh yourself instantly is by sipping a cup of herbal tea. And one of herbal teas that can help revive your energy is the very popular white licorice tea, which is a blend of white tea (derived from Camellia Sinensis plant) and licorice extract (derived from licorice tree). The point of difference that sets white tea apart from the black and green teas is the time of harvest and the method of processing. Unlike others, white tea is harvested only once a year, during the spring season and is simple steamed and dried. It does not go through the oxidation process, which helps it retain the flavor and taste.
White licorice tea has a sweet and delicate flavor, which is only found in whole pieces of star anise. The additions of licorice further invigorates the tea, making it bolder than most of the other plain white tea available. There are a number of health benefits that are associated with this herbal tea. Apart from being a rejuvenating beverage, white licorice tea has been used to treat a number of problems related to heart as well. To get detailed information about the health benefits of white licorice tea, browse through the following lines.
Nutritional Benefits Of White Licorice Tea
- One of the most popular benefits of white licorice tea is its ability to calm the stomach and ease headaches.
- Licorice tea encourages the production of interferon, which helps the body fight against virus and viral infections.
- The herbal tea speeds up the healing of stomach ulcers. It also aids the body in fighting against viral liver inflammations.
- Drinking white licorice tea is beneficial for those suffering from boils.
- People suffering from diarrhea are recommended to drink a cup of white licorice tea daily.
- In case of sore throat, you can rely on white licorice tea to treat the problem. Regular intake of the tea helps cure the problem.
- People with chronic stomach problems should indulge in drinking at least a cup or two of white licorice tea everyday.
- White licorice tea quenches excessive thirst and the problems of dehydration as well.
- The tea is of utmost benefit for people who frequently suffer from boils. Consumption of the tea reduces the formation of external and internal agents for the occurrence of boils.
- Intake of white licorice tea has been found to be an effective way to treat the immune system of the body.
- The tea is considered to be a good preventive agent. It helps the body prevent various types of cancer, including prostate, colon and stomach cancer.
- White licorice tea is good for your heart. The herbal tea improves the functioning of arteries, thereby preventing heart attacks.
- Consumption of white licorice tea has been found effective in reducing the blood pressure and as well as cholesterol levels.
- Drinking the tea can help you combat diabetes and various types of liver diseases.
- The presence of high amounts of fluoride has made white tea an effective agent for preventing tooth decay and inhibiting the formation of plaque.
- The anti-viral and anti-bacterial effects of white licorice tea on the human body helps reduce the growth of bacteria that causes Staphylococcus infections, Steptococcus infections, Pneumonia and Dental Caries.
- The latest studies in the field of medical science have revealed that white licorice tea has an anti-fungal effect on Penicillium Chrysogenum and Saccharomyces Cerervisiae.
- According to studies conducted by scientists, the extract of white licorice tea protects the skin from excessive exposure to sun. Anti-aging benefits are also related to the extract of the herbal tea.