Master Cleanser diet was introduced to the world by Stanley Burroughs in the year 1941. Also known by the name of ‘Lemonade Diet’, it was re-introduced to the world by Peter Glickman, through his book ‘Lose Weight, Have More Energy and Be Happier in 10 Days’. The basis of the Master Cleanse diet is abstinence from solid food. It requires the followers to drink a mixture of liquids like lemon juice, organic grade B maple syrup, water and cayenne pepper, throughout the period. The items mentioned above make sure that the body gets all the necessary nutrients, that too in the right proportion. The diet is recommended for a minimum period of ten days, though most of the people end up taking it for a longer time.
Master Cleanse Diet Tips
- First of all, get the complete information on the Master Cleanse Diet. The best way to do this is by buying a book on the same. Make sure to modify the diet as per the needs of your body.
- The minimum duration for the diet is ten days. Though you may or may not extend the duration, make sure to stick to the diet for atleast 10 days and consume liquids only.
- Before starting the diet, make sure to buy all the items that you will need for completing the same. The main items are senna tea, lemons, water, organic grade B maple syrup and cayenne pepper.
- The amount of liquids that you have to consume is not fixed. You can always modify the amount you drink, so as to allow for your rate of cleansing.
- When you go for the Master Cleanse Diet, remember that you will have a craving for toxic foods, since the body is cleansing itself of them. Stick to the diet and do not let the cravings take over you.
- After you think you have cleansed the body completely, start breaking the fast slowly. Do not end up eating lots of solid, toxic foods the very next day you leave the diet. Rather, stick to a healthy diet, adding one food at a time.