Liver is counted amongst the most diligent and vital organs in the body of an individual. It performs a number of functions that are imperative for living a healthy life. Be it digestion (breaking down of the food) or assimilation (building up of body tissues), liver ensures proper functioning of the body. At the same time, it stores many essential vitamins and minerals and also produces the red blood cells that carry oxygen throughout the body. Even Kupffer cells, which help the body fight against infection, are produced in the liver itself. Thus, it is very essential to ensure the proper functioning of the liver. A detoxification program is what helps an individual cleanse and thus, maintain the health of his liver.
Requirements of Liver Detoxification Program
It is very necessary for you to undertake a proper liver cleansing program to get the right effects. Usually, a liver detoxification program should accord you the following benefits.
- Dissolve and pass out the gallstones accumulated in the liver
- Get bile flowing freely again
- Get rid of the toxic waste filtered out by the liver
- Purge the liver of excess fat
- Renew damaged and destroyed liver cells
Liver Cleansing Tips
Just follow the tips given below to properly detoxify and cleanse your liver.
- You will require Epsom salt, olive oil, fresh grapefruit juice and lemon juice for cleansing the liver.
- For three days, stop having the normal food. Start having small amounts of raw salad or fruit in your meals. Make sure to have fresh apple juice on all the three days.
- On the fourth Day, you will start the actual cleansing process. Have a light breakfast and lunch. Try to have only fruit and vegetables in both the meals.
- In the evening (around 6 pm), have 1 cup of the water, with 1 tbsp of Epsom salt in it. Again drink 1 cup of the water, with 1 tbsp Epsom salt, after two hours.
- At night (around 10 pm), mix fruit juices in one cup olive oil. Drink it and go off to sleep.
- The next morning (around 7 am), have 1 cup of the water, with 1 tbsp of Epsom salt in it. Repeat after 2 hours.
- Throughout the day, stick to only light fruits and vegetables. By night, your liver will be completely cleansed.