You know what they say, “A watched pot never boils”. Yeah it is true in any other case too. When you want something to happen fast, it scarcely does. You have planted an avocado tree and waited for so long for it to flourish and give fruits. Now the tree has borne fruits and you are ready to cut the crop of your hard work. However, even after you have plucked the avocados from the tree, they haven’t ripened. Now what will you do? Again, wait for long to be able to eat it or make delicious recipes out of it? Avocados fruits ripen off the tree and you can fasten the process of ripening to be able to eat the fruits of your labor as soon as possible and that too, literally. So what are you waiting for? Read on to know how to ripen Avocados.
Tips For Ripening Avocados
- Keep the avocados wrapped in a newspaper. It will fasten the ripening process. Your avocados should be ready in one week.
- Brown paper bags are also an excellent way to ripen the avocados. Keep all the avocados in the bag and leave it untouched for four to five days. Your avocados will be ready to relish by then.
- If you have just plucked all the avocados from your garden, then you can even leave them at room temperature to get it ripen. Put the whole basket in a shelf, and when the avocados become soft to touch, they are ready to be eaten.
- If you want to make guacamole and can’t wait to get your avocados ripen, then make the ripening process faster by adding tomatoes and apples in them.
- If the avocado is almost ripened but not yet ready to be eaten, you can process them in microwave. Prick the avocados with a fork on all sides. Now lay paper towels inside the oven and place the avocados on it. Heat the microwave for thirty seconds on medium and then check if avocados have softened. You can repeat the process if you need to.
- You can also put the avocados in a dark, cool, and dry place. Ripening process depends on the variety of the avocados. Sometimes the color of the avocado remains green even after it has ripened. You can check the softness of the avocado. If the avocado is soft enough and the skin is easy to peel, then the avocado has ripened.
- You can even put them in a plastic bag. It is also supposed to quicken the ripening process.