In this day and age maintaining your peace of mind is of utmost importance. Amongst the hustle and bustle, the stress and depression that come with day-to-day living, it is important for us to devote some time in our day solely to ourselves to combat this problem. Meditation is possibly the best way to combat worries in your mind. Meditation is imperative to our society; it is an India’s indelible contribution to the world. Through meditation, one seeks to move past the mind into the realms of nothingness or consciousness. Despite being a stress buster there are several physiological and psychological benefits that come hand in hand with meditation. It is said that meditation can be practiced every moment of the day; it can become your way of life. Even Hollywood’s very own Halle Berry, Madonna, to name a few, swear by it. Meditation is a way to bring about discipline into your life. There are several types of meditations and conditions that must be maintained while practicing, read further to find out more.
Tips To Practice Breathing Meditation
The world’s medicine today is meditation. Meditation has been said to improve the concentration and memory, it is reported to cure blood pressure problems in a person, and cholesterol levels apart from several other things. Find out how to meditate within the vicinity of your own apartment.
- Since meditation is an individual thing, it is imperative that you find a quiet spot away from any disturbance.
- The right posture is very important when it comes to meditation. The very way we sit, eat, talk, etc, affects our thought process. It’s not only important to be able to sit comfortably for meditation; the way we hold the body has a profound effect on the emotions and mental states that we experience. It is important to maintain a straight back while meditating to avoid feeling sleepy.
- Your breath is the focal point of meditation. It is important to focus on your breath alone. In this step, you may find it hard to keep your mind clear, or you may find that your thoughts are too busy. Do not think that meditation isn't for you, and that you cannot do it. Meditation is for anyone. Every person should practice meditation to obtain a healthier mind and life. When you find that your thoughts are over busy, do not be alarmed, this is simply yourself becoming aware how busy your mind really is. Try to re-focus your thoughts on your breath, do not breathe consciously or control your breathing, simply feel the sensation of your breath. Listen to the pattern of your breathing. Each time you find your mind wandering off, refocus back to your breathing.
- The next step is to merely maintain your breath for as long as you can. Meditation is something that gets better with time and practice. Do not get dejected if you’re unable to hold your focus for too long. The more time and effort you invest in it, the more fruit it will bear.
- Meditation should be practiced at least once in a day for 20 minutes, gradually with practice the time you can sit still will increase as well.