If you want to gift your child some thing which you have self made then what better way to surprise him than with a toy box. A toy box would be the most savored gift for a child. For a child a toy box is like a new found treasure. It opens the world of thought where the child feels like a king of the mansion. A toy box is very easy to make. Given here is the procedure on how you can make a toy box for your child.
How to Make a Toy Box
- 3/4-inch plywood
- Tape measure
- Carpenters square
- Table saw
- 1 1/2-inch wood screws
- Power drill
- 3 spring-loaded safety hinges
- Wood putty
- The first step is to cut the plywood in four pieces. Two 36 x 24 inch pieces - for the front and back and one 36 x 16½ inch piece for the base. The sides would measure 22½ x 16½ inches and top will be 36 x 18 inches.
- Put the base on the floor. Attach the front panel and the back panel, using a 1½ inch screw. Use six screws to ensure that they are properly fixed.
- Now, adjust the side panels accordingly, using four 1½ inch screws.
- Fix three hinges to the lid of the box. Put one on each end and one in the middle.
- Then, place the lid on the front and attach three inch to the back.
- After you have put all the screw in the screw holes, Put wood putty and allow it to dry.
- Sand all the rough edges to make them smooth.
- When the box has been made, apply a coat of primer.
- Paint a base coat and keep it to dry.
- You can paint the box with the child’s favorite colors or can even go for stencils to write their names on the box. Make it look funky and colorful!