Having kids idle at home can be a tough job for the parents. They are bound to either get themselves into trouble or create trouble for others. If you are also facing such a problem at your home, it would be a great idea to indulge your children in paper crafts. Not only are they easy to make, but also keep your kid busy and let his creativity spring out fully. Paper crafts are highly engaging and your kid is surely going to love them. One of the most popular as well as the simplest paper craft involves making a paper hat. It can be made just by using the simple newspaper. Kids have very little patience and cannot be made to sit at one work for a long time. In this respect, paper hat can prove extremely helpful to you. It takes minimum time for completion and the end result is worthy of all the efforts undertaken. In the following lines, we bring you instructions on how to make a paper hat. Go through them and know all about this paper craft. Make your kid feel excited about his ingenious creativity through this craft and let him have further motivation for such crafts!
Making Paper Hats
- Take a full sheet of newspaper. If you want to make a smaller hat, even half of the sheet will suffice.
- Fold the sheet in the middle, forming a center crease. Position the folded crease at the top of your workspace.
- Fold one of the top corners of the paper, to the centerline, creating a diagonal crease.
- Now, fold the other top corner to the centerline, again creating a diagonal crease.
- Fold the top layer of the bottom edge, in such a way that it covers the edge of the two previous folds.
- Turn over the paper. In case you want a pirate hat, this is the time to stop.
- In case you do not want to make a pirate hat, fold in the left outside edge, partway, to the center of the paper.
- Next, you need to fold in the right outside edge, partway, again to the center of the paper.
- Adjust the distance between the outside edges, so that the hat is the size of your head.
- Fold up the bottom edge and open the hat. Now the hat is ready to be decorated.
- You can decorate the hat in any way you like. You can paint the hat with the color of your choice. Allow it to dry properly.
- You can also stick on some ornaments. like stars, glitters or any other thing on the hat. Decorating the hat gives you a wide scope to show your creativity.
- Once all the decorations are set, you can open the hat and wear it on your head.
- You can try making the same hat using some other paper, like construction paper or aluminum foil.