You can find people, especially those suffering from allergies or common cold, sneezing every now and then. It results from the production of irritant chemical, called histamine, by the body, when it comes in contact with allergens like dust mite and pollens. When you are suffering from common cold or any kind of allergic reactions, non-stop sneezing can make your nasal passages irritated and sore. Although sneezing is the natural way adopted by the body to relieve the irritants, it is quite annoying and even embarrassing. Therefore, you should adopt effective ways stop the problem at the earlier. Given below are some useful tips, which will help you learn how to get rid of sneezing.
How To Stop Sneezing
- Nettle is a natural cure for sneezing. While most of the people make nettle tea to ease the inflammation of nasal passages, it is suggested to take nettle supplements to get rid of sneezing. Take the supplement the moment your nose gets a little twitchy.
- Include citrus fruits and vegetables, containing Vitamin C, in your diet. The nutrient is known to reduce the amount of histamine in the body, thereby controlling sneezing. You should drink a glass of orange juice or lemonade, when you are suffering from common cold.
- Include vegetables, containing bioflavonoid, in your diet. The antioxidant activity of bioflavonoid works in the same way as Vitamin C. Bioflavonoid limits the body's production of histamine in the body, thereby reducing the tendency to sneeze.
- Allergy-inducing elements, such as dust, can trigger sneezing. Therefore, keep your home clean by vacuuming and dusting it frequently. Such practices will ensure a sneeze-proof home. Make sure to vacuum-clean your area rugs, carpets and curtains on a regular basis.
- Moist places, such as bathroom and basement, harbor the growth of mold, which is also responsible for triggering sneezing. Clean the places and make them free of such growth.
- Microscopic skin flakes, known as 'dander', are also responsible for allergy and, the resultant, sneezing. To get rid of the problem, it is suggested to clean pillows, bedding and mattress daily. You should also change the bed spreads and pillow covers at least once a week.
- Although people are fond of dogs and cats, majority of them are allergic to the pets. Airborne particles are easily deposited under the skin and hair of dogs, cats and other pets. To reduce the amount of the allergy-causing particles from spreading in the air, it is vital to wash your pets at least once a week. By keeping your pets clean, you will be able to get rid of sneezing.
- Pollens can cause sneezing and even trigger other allergic reactions. To prevent the pollens from entering your nasal tract, put on a facial mask, covering the nose, while working in your home garden.
- Studies show that furnace filters harbor dust particles, causing allergic reactions like sneezing. Therefore, it is advisable to change your furnace filters at least once a month. You should not forget to clean them regularly.
- You should water-wash the air filters of your air conditioning system at least once a month.
- Air filtration devices are available in the stores, which work effectively in reducing the pollen grains present in the air. Make use of such a device, to prevent the sneezing that has pollens as its cause.