As soon as you come to know that there is a party around the corner, the first thing that you do is book an appointment at your beauty parlor. You cannot afford to miss getting the blow out on your hair, can you! Have you ever wondered whether it is necessary to spend all the moolah in the salon? Did you every try to get the same look at home only? No? Then, now is the time to do so. Believe us; it is perfectly possible to get the perfect hair blowout at home. How? We will tell you how. Go through the following lines and find the best tips to help you know how to blowout your hair.
How To Blow Your Hair Out
- Styling Product (depending on your hair type)
- Wide-toothed Comb
- Clips/ Ponytail Holders
- Blow Dryer
- Wide-barreled Brush (preferably a mix of boar and synthetic bristles)
- First of all, you will need to give your hair a thorough wash, followed by a deep conditioning treatment. In case you have fine hair, it is advisable to apply conditioner on the ends only.
- After washing your hair, blot it with the help of a towel, to get rid of excess moisture. However, make sure not to rub the hair. Blotting is necessary, as dripping hair take a much longer time to blow out.
- Now is the time to apply a styling product to your hair. If you have thin hair, go for the one that adds body (thickening spray or mousse). Those with thick, curly hair should opt for products that help keep frizz at bay.
- In case you have dry hair, it is advisable to opt for a leave-in conditioner, followed by a straightening balm or shine serum. Go from the bottom-up (hair end to shaft) and comb the product through your hair.
- Check the level of dampness in your hair. In case it is still too wet, use a hair dryer to remove the excess moisture. Another option would be to let your hair air-dry, on its own.
- This is the time to start with the actual blow-out part. Comb your hair thoroughly, to make sure that there are tangles left therein, which might create problem in the blow out job.
- Making use of clips or ponytail holders, divide your hair into two equal sections. In case you have exceedingly thick hair, you can try dividing them into more than two sections.
- You will need to make use of fingers, in the initial stages of the blow out. Starting at the roots, pull your fingers through the hair, a few inches at a time. In-between, move the dryer through the hair, in crown-down motion.
- After fingers, it is the time to make use of a round brush. Once the roots are dry, pull a round-barreled brush through hair, as you blow-dry it. Make sure to point the nozzle downward i.e. onto the hair and follow the brush with the dryer, as you pull the former through hair.
- Finally, pull each section of your hair taut, with the help of the brush. Now, give it a blast of cool air from your dryer. Continue doing this till your hair is completely dry. Finish with a serum, but not if you have limp, oily hair.