Blush can help give your face a very soft as well as a very sensual look. For the first type of look, rose-colored blush works the best, while in the latter case, shimmer blush can work wonders for you. At the same time, blush is very easy to apply and can be used in almost no time at all. The best part is that with the right steps, you can apply it on your own, without any external or professional help. So, if you are going for a party immediately after office, keep the shimmer blush with you. Just a hint of it and you will be transformed into a hot babe. One thing that you need to guard against is the overuse of blush, which can make you look like a clown. In the following lines, we have provided some useful tips on how to apply blush in the best way.
Procedure For Applying Blush
- First of all, wash your face with a cleanser and pat it dry.
- Now, apply the foundation as well as the compact. Applying blush will come almost towards the last.
- In case of a powder blush, take a full blush brush and put it inside the blush. Tap off any excess powder.
- Now, put the brush just below the apple of the cheek and give gentle strokes, along your cheekbone. Make sure to move from inwards, to outward and upward.
- In case of cream or gel blush, insert your finger inside the blush container and put a dab of the cream/gel on your fingers.
- Now, dab it on the cheekbone, with the help of your middle finger. Thereafter, blend it with your ring finger and middle finger.
- In case you have overdone the blush on, remove a little. In case of powder blush, apply a bit of translucent powder. In case of cream/gel blush, blot the excess color with the help of a tissue.
- For completing the look, give a light sweep of translucent powder. It will help give your skin shine-free and smooth look.
- Clean the brushes that you use with baby wipes. Bacteria may gather over unclean brushes, which can get transferred to your skin when they are used the next time.
- In you want to go for a sexier look, dab a dash of shimmer blush on your cheekbone. Keep it close to your eye.
- In case you are using a powder blush, take care to always sweep in one direction. Streaks may be caused by going over and over or around with the brush.
- Those with mature skin should use cream blush. It looks very natural, as it blends easily. For applying gel or cream blush, dab a dot of it on the apple on the cheek, dab two dots a little up on the cheekbone. Then, merge the dots together, up to the hairline.
- Dusky pink blush is a good option for imparting a fresh look to tired or weary-looking skin.