Bathroom is the place where we go to freshen up and look better. It is the room which we visit first thing in the morning and last thing at night. It is very necessary that it looks refreshing and bright. A dull bathroom can give a dull start to your day and make you feel depressed while going off to sleep. One of the best ways to give the bathroom a vibrant and dramatic look is by choosing the right tile color, tile shape and tile design. Maximizing tile shapes, size and textures can work wonders for your bathroom. In the following lines, we have provided a number of ideas, which will help you in choosing your bathroom tile design.
Bathroom Tile Ideas
- Decide the color of the tiles to be used for the floor of the bathroom. If you are planning to use a solid color for the same, you can use light colored tiles for the border, and vice versa.
- You can contrast the color of the tiles on the bathroom floor with that of the walls. It will create a great visual effect.
- If you plan to use the same color for the floor as well as the wall tiles, you can choose different shapes. For example, you can have square tiles for the floor and diamond-shaped tiles for the walls.
- Go for a grout color that contrasts with the color of the ceramic tiles. You can alternate between white and red, cream and yellow, and so on.
- Using shapes or graphics is one of the best ways to give the bathroom a contemporary look. You can adorn plain backgrounds by making use of bright and bold colors, with shapes or graphics.
- A newly wedded couple can give a romantic look to the bathroom by using floral tiles in muted colors like pink, light green or light blue. Adding hand-painted ceramic sinks will only add to the look.
- If you want to give your bathroom a completely different look, you can go for the Mediterranean style. For that, use an assortment of terra-cotta tiles and Mexican or other hand-painted tiles for the floor. For the walls, you can go for hand-painted tiles, combined with plain colored ones.
- For making a small bathroom look bigger, go for light colored tiles. They give an illusion of space. At the same time, maximize on natural lighting and use mirrors on your vanities.
- While going for a mosaic design, you can make use of some white tiles in your pattern. This will help in brightening up the bathroom and giving it a bit different look.
- Make sure to select the right tile texture. You can have matt, gloss, bumpy, un-filled travertine, porcelain or even glass tiles. All of them give a different look to the bathroom.