Since our childhood, we have heard from our parents and grandparents that almond oil is really good for our health as well as beauty. However, how many of us actually know how the oil proves to be beneficial to us. Very few, right! As the name suggests, almond oil is extracted from the dry fruit called almond, which we usually consume in desserts and chocolates. Along with a nutty taste, the oil has a slight odor and can also be substituted for olive oil. It is characteristically clear in color, with a shade of yellow. Sweet almond oil, which is acquired from the dried kernel of a plant, used to be utilized by the massage therapists earlier, for lubricating the skin during a massage session. This is because it is an effective emollient too. After knowing about almond oil, let us explore its positive effects on our body and beauty. Scroll down to know about the benefits of almond oil.
Benefits of Almond Oil
- Almond oil is believed to help improve the complexion of a person and add glow to even dull skin.
- The oil improves the movement of food through the colon (feces).
- Regular intake of almond oil is said to help reduce cholesterol.
- The oil acts as a nutritive for brain as well as the nervous system.
- Almond oil is considered to encourage high intellectual level and longevity in regular users.
- For massage and internal consumption purposes, the oil is regarded as a nutritive aphrodisiac.
- Almond oil has proved to be good for the immune system of the body. In other words, it helps us fight against diseases.
- In case you are suffering from the problem of dark circles, or under-eye circles, the oil would prove to be the best bet for treating them.
- Almond oil can serve as a natural moisturizer for your skin, irrespective of the skin type you have - oily, dry or normal.
- To restore lost moisture in skin, the oil proves to be one of the best medications.
- Owing to its lubrication property, almond oil can help the body in fighting itching and inflammation.
- Application of sweet almond oil provides an instant relief from problems such as muscle pain.
- One of the most-commonly known benefits of the oil is that it can help delay the aging process.
- If you are suffering from chapped lips and body rashes, almond oil is surely a good remedy for you.
- By providing lots of nourishment to the skin, the oil can help make it smooth and soft.
- Regular use of almond oil proves to be one of the best therapies for conditioning the skin and reviving its natural glow.
- Researches have suggested that including almond oil in your diet can help elevate the blood levels of high density lipoproteins and lower the levels of low density lipoproteins.
- There have been studies suggesting anti-cancer properties of almond oil. However, nothing has been proved till date.