Are you looking for ways to reduce dust in the home? Cleaning the house can be a tough task. Once you have cleaned it thoroughly, maintaining the cleanliness becomes necessary. If you think that by closing all the outdoor ventilations you can stop dust from entering, you are in for a big surprise. Dust also results from many indoor sources, such as skin particles, human hair, cloth fibers, dog hair, insect parts, etc. It is practically impossible to prevent dust from entering your house at all, but you can reduce or minimize it by taking some precautionary measures. In the following lines, we provide information on reducing dust in your home.
Reducing Dust In Your Home
- While dusting the house, do not employ feather dusters or dry rags, as they can spread the dust. Instead, use damp rags or cloth, as they help to gather the dust.
- For families with pets at home, the best bet would be to bath and brush them on a regular basis. At the same time, ensure that you clean the paws of your pet frequently. This would prevent dust from entering the house.
- It is advisable to keep your clothes in the storage area, such as drawers and closets. This would prevent dust from accumulating on them.
- Dedicate a whole day for cleaning. Clean every nook and corner of your house. Do not leave anything dirty. It is better to clean everything, because this would make it easy to maintain later on. It is the perfect way to keep your house free of dust.
- Change your bedding every week so that there is no scope of dust in your home. At the same time, make sure to beat the cushions at least once in a week.
- In case you have an air conditioner at your place, clean the ducts and replace the air filter on a regular basis.
- Install air purifier at your home, so that the air is not only clean, but fresh as well.
- Keep a door mat in front of each door. This will stop dust from entering the rooms, thus keeping the dust particles blocked.
- Carpets do not encourage clean household, as they are difficult to clean and hardly stay free of dust. One way to reduce dust would be to remove carpets from your house.
- Attics are usually the biggest source of dust and dirt in a house. Make sure that all the doors are properly fastened. This would prevent dust from entering the house.
- In case there are cracks and crevices at your home, repair them as soon as possible. They are one of the biggest sources for dust.