Weight loss diets are quite common these days, as obesity is fast becoming a constant concern of the modern world. The main factors responsible for excess and unwanted weight include fast life, stress and sedentary lifestyle. While food fasting is well-known and can be sustained over a period of few days without any serious side effects, water fasting is not the same. Much unlike food fasting, water fasting does not involve forgoing H2O. Instead, it means that the person would be on a water diet for a few days and not consume any food. Since water is one of the most important things that a human body requires, losing it can send the person directly to the hospital with a bad case of dehydration. Water fasting for weight loss can effectively cleanse the body and also help in losing weight fast. Water fasting simply means the complete abstinence from anything considered food or any nutritional supplements, except pure water. While drinking water can speed up weight loss, things are not as simple, clear and workable as they sound. Read on to know how to lose weight with water fasting.
How To Lose Weight With Water Fasting
- The most suitable type of water fats is the ‘ten day water fast’. This will help you lose the same weight as a ’30 days juice fast’.
- While taking a ‘ten day water fast’, it is best to include 2 or 3 days of juice fasting before and after water fasting. Doing so will help you achieve full cleansing of your body, losing weight and gaining control of your appetite.
- Start consuming fresh juices and raw fruits and vegetables once a week, before you begin with water fasting. This will cleanse the body, hence making detoxification during water fast less aggressive.
- Drink 7 to 10 glasses of distilled water every day. Avoid tap water since it can reintroduce toxins and chemicals into your body.
- You can squeeze in a little lemon, lime or orange juice if you do not like the taste of water.
- Since your heart would be resting the most during water fasting, be careful of dizziness and blackouts. Take deep breaths before you stand up to increase oxygenation and improve circulation. In case you experience any black out, sit down or crouch on one knee. Doing so will stop dizziness immediately.
- A loving, peaceful, calm and serene environment is very essential while you are on water fast. Hence, you can opt for meditation, yoga or mild stretching exercises. You are sure to notice a positive effect on your personality.
- After completing your water fast, do not break it with a heavy meal. Start with a small meal first and see if your body reacts to it negatively or not. Thereafter, resume with your normal eating habits.
Benefits of Water Fasting
- Water fasting flushes out toxins rapidly and cleanses the body aggressively.
- It also cleanses respiratory, circulatory, digestive and urinary systems, hence destroying impurities all across the body and eliminating uric acid deposits.
- Water fasting has been every effective in treating type II diabetes, obesity, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It dries up the abnormal fluid accumulations, such as edema in the ankles and legs and swelling in the abdomen.
- By rapidly dissipating the craving for nicotine, alcohol, caffeine and other drugs, water fasting helps in overcoming bad habits and addictions.