Cellulite can be described as the fat that gets accumulated in one or more specific areas of the body. Though the problem can affect both the genders, it is mainly the women who have to confront the problem. Amongst the most common areas where females experience the problem of cellulite are the thighs and the buttocks. These areas seem to be get dimpled and lose their look. One of the best ways to get rid of cellulite is to make use of body wraps, massages, cellulite reduction cream and laser treatment. However, among all these methods, the safest and the most convenient one to get rid of cellulite comprises of having the right food habits. In actual practice, there is no specific food plan that can claim to get rid of cellulite completely. However, a healthy diet plan can definitely help you lower the total fat in the body and along with it, the cellulite as well. In the following lines, we bring you some basic guidelines for a healthy diet and a healthy body, in other words, an effective way to reduce cellulite with diet.
Cellulite Reduction Diet Plan
Include the following foods in your diet plan, to reduce cellulite.
- Fresh fruits and fruit juice
- Fresh Vegetables
- Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, like nuts
- 8-10 glasses of water daily (minimum)
- Salads, without high calories dressings
- Lemon juice, with a little bit of honey and not sugar
- Herbs and spices
- Negative calories foods, like asparagus and cabbage
- Beans and legumes
- Well-cooked pulses
- High fiber foods
- Foods with phytochemicals and antioxidants, like green leafy vegetables
- Herbal or decaffeinated tea/coffee
Avoid the below listed foods, to get rid of cellulite.
- Fried or deep fried foods, like French fries
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners
- Processed foods, like canned fruit
- Carbonated beverages, like Coke
- Alcohol and soda
- Salt and salty foods, like chips
- Foods with trans fats and saturated fats, like cookies
- Foods high in animal fats and proteins
- Coffee and other caffeinated beverages
- Red meat and pork
- Processed, high-fat cheese
- Butter, margarine and hydrogenated vegetable oils
Other Tips To Reduce Cellulite
- Drink plenty of water. Sufficient amount of water helps in flushing out toxins and regulates the body better.
- Regular exercise can reduce cellulite considerably. Start with simple exercises and gradually move on to the rigorous ones.
- Intake of vitamins can help you get rid of cellulite. Include more quantity of vitamin B6, vitamin E, and vitamin C in your daily diet.
- Increase the content of potassium, sulphur, selenium, iodine and lycopene in your daily diet, for better removal of cellulite.
- If you can afford a professional cellulite therapy, go for it. Endermologie is an effective way of getting rid of cellulite. You can also go for weekly massage and put extra effort in your problem areas.
- Body brushing is one of the simplest tips to reduce body cellulite. Get a bristle body brush and brush your body regularly while taking shower. This helps in improving circulation that helps burn cellulite.
- Avoid smoking and see the difference in the cellulite present in your body. At the same time, get better health as well.