Remember the girl in Freaky Friday whose soul manages to switches place with her mother’s? Well that is the gorgeous American actress, pop music singer cum model, Lindsay Lohan! Born on 2 July 1986, Lindsay Lohan began her career in the show biz as a child fashion model for magazine advertisement and television commercials. Gradually she treaded a career in music and Hollywood. She is best known for her movies Freaky Friday, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, Mean Girls and Herbie: Fully Loaded which catapulted her to stardom.
Lindsay Lohan Childhood
Lindsay Lohan was born on East 236th Street in the Woodlawn region of the Bronx, New York City's northernmost borough. Her growing up happened in Merrick and Cold Spring Harbor on Long Island, US. Lindsay Lohan is the eldest child of Donata ‘Dina’, an ex-Rockette and Michael Douglas Lohan, Sr., a former actor and has got three siblings. Being of Irish and Italian heritage, Lohan was raised as a Catholic. Lohan went to public schools on Long Island, including Sanford H. Calhoun High School. Lindsay Lohan completed studies at home through Laurel Springs School of Ojai, California. Her family was financially secured.
Lindsay Lohan Career
It was at the age of three that Lindsay Lohan started her career with Ford Model, but found little success as fashion model. Still she trudged on and ultimately got featured in over 100 print advertisements for Toys “R” Us. Further on, Lohan modeled for Calvin Klein kids and Abercrombie Kids. By the time when Lindsay Lohan was about to touch young adulthood, she featured in prestigious magazines like Vogue, Elle, Bliss (UK), Õàé Êëóá (High Club, Bulgaria) and Blenda (Japan). Her popular ad work in Jell-O spot with Bill Cosby made her bag roles in soap operas. By then, Lindsay Lohan was regarded a veteran in the show-business.
In 1996, Lindsay Lohan bagged the role of Alexandra "Alli" Fowler on TV serial Another World. In it, Lohan got to deliver more dialogue than any other 10-year-old in daytime serials of the time. She exited from Another World to hit the silver screen. Director Nancy Meyers cast Lindsay Lohan in a double role of the estranged twin sisters, who attempt reuniting their divorced parents in the 1998 remake of The Parent Trap. This movie was a hit and received rave reviews. Critic Kenneth Turan called Lohan ‘the soul of this film as much as Hayley Mills was of the original”.
After a short break, Lindsay Lohan again earned a lead role in Disney remake, Freaky Friday in 2003. Lohan again got to play lead in two another films, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen and Paramount's Mean Girls in 2004. However, the biggest commercial film success came to Lohan with the film ‘Friday’ in 2005 that notched up US$160 million worldwide. Same year, Lindsay Lohan became the first living person to have a ‘My Scene Goes Hollywood’ doll introduced by Mattel. The actress went on to voice herself in the direct-to-DVD film themed on the dolls.
Lindsay Lohan once again came back to Disney for Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005), the fifth film in the Herbie series. This decision of Lohan’s was backed by a belief that Herbie would make an easy transition to more mature roles. Since she was at a stage where her say mattered, Lohan chose from an array of projects. However her next film, Just My Luck in May 2006 failed to impress the audience and earned only $38 million worldwide. The next month, film A Prairie Home Companion in restricted release concluded its run with $25,648,948 worldwide.
The scenario improved for Lindsay Lohan after she was voted by FHM readers as #10 on the list of "100 Sexiest Women". Maxim placed her at #3 on its 2006 Hot 100 list. In 2007, Lindsay Lohan reigned as #1 on the Maxim "Hot 100". Soon after, (chain smoker and drinker) Lindsay Lohan admitted herself to a medical rehabilitation center in February 2007. She therefore refused the role of Hester Worsley in a film adaptation of Oscar Wilde's A Woman of No Importance. On 11 May 2007, film ‘Georgia Rule’ hit the screen that starred Lohan with actors Felicity Huffman and Jane Fonda. This film met with unfavorable reviews.
On 24 July 2007, Lindsay Lohan pulled out from a planned appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. This happened because she was arrested for driving under the influence of drugs. On this show, however, Lindsay Lohan was to publicize her role as a stripper in the film, I Know Who Killed Me. Not only did this film just fare badly at the box office, but also earned Lohan two nominations for worst actress at the Golden Raspberry Awards. The fallout was that Lindsay Lohan came in first and second, tying with herself. When out of rehab in 2007, Lindsay Lohan (her mother revealed) planned touring as well as studying in Europe.
Recently in February 2008 Spring Fashion edition of New York, Lohan re-created Marilyn Monroe's final photo shoot, ‘Last Sitting’. Next in line is the expected release of Lindsay Lohan’s tango bio-pic, Dare to Love Me. Another announcement was made in February 2008 about Lohan that she will be accompanying the cast of Ye Olde Times with Jack Black. The shooting of this film was slated to start in the first half of 2008.
Lindsay Lohan Music Career
Though gifted with a mellifluous voice, it is the film career of Lindsay Lohan that took center stage. Lohan wanted to become a “triple threat” i.e. actor cum model cum singer like her idol, Ann-Margret. Thus, her debut album ‘Speak’ was launched in 2004 end. It escalated to number four on the Billboard 200 and by early 2005, it was certified Platinum. Her second album ‘A Little More Personal (Raw)’ hit number 20 on the Billboard 200 chart after release in 2005 end. However, it fell below the top 100 within six weeks earning not so good reviews.
Lindsay Lohan even attempted exhibiting her singing talent in movies and achieved success in this. For instance, Lohan sang the soundtrack of the closing theme ‘Ultimate’ for her movie, Freaky Friday. Lindsay Lohan also recorded four songs for the Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen soundtrack. Lindsay Lohan has promised her fans a third studio album that should see a launch sometime by the end of 2008. Lohan is known to have collaborated with J. R. Rotem and 50 Cent for her forthcoming music album.
Lindsay Lohan Facts
- 1986 – Lindsay Lohan was born on 2 July at East 236th Street in the Woodlawn region of the Bronx.
- 1996 – She bagged the role of Alexandra "Alli" Fowler on TV serial Another World. In it, she got to deliver more dialogue than any other 10-year-old in daytime serials of the time.
- 2003 - Lohan earned lead role in Disney remake, Freaky Friday.
- 2004 – Her debut music album ‘Speak’ was launched.
- 2004 – Her two films, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen and Paramount's Mean Girls were released.
- 2005 – Friday starring Lindsay Lohan was released that turned out to be her biggest commercial success grossing up to US$160 million worldwide.
- 2005 – By 2005 end, Lohan’s second album ‘A Little More Personal (Raw)’ was released.
- 2006 – Just My Luck starring Lindsay Lohan hit the silver screen, but failed to fare successfully.
- 2006 – Lindsay Lohan was voted as #10 on the list of "100 Sexiest Women" by FHM readers. Maxim placed her at #3 on its 2006 Hot 100 list.
- 2007 - Lindsay Lohan reigned as #1 on the Maxim "Hot 100.
- 2007 – She admitted herself to a medical rehabilitation center in February for leading a reckless lifestyle with too much boozing, drinking.
- 2007 - On 11 May, film ‘Georgia Rule’ was released that starred Lohan with actors Felicity Huffman and Jane Fonda. It met with unfavorable reviews.
- 2007 - On 24 July, Lindsay Lohan pulled out from a planned appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
- 2007 – By 2007 end, she came out of rehab.
- 2008 – In Spring Fashion edition of New York, Lohan re-created Marilyn Monroe's final photo shoot, ‘Last Sitting’.