The ponytail hairstyle has made a comeback. Keeping in mind the ease of making a ponytail and the versatility that it offers in terms of look, it is no wonder that hairstyle is gaining popularity with the passing time. Whether you are going to hit the gym or planning on spending an evening dining at a five-star restaurant, pull back your hair into a ponytail and you are ready to go. The best part of the hairstyle is that it looks as wonderful on short hair as on long, layered hair. In the following lines, we have provided instructions on a number of ponytail styles. Go through them and know how to wear a ponytail.
Different Ways Of Wearing A Ponytail
- First of all, you need to make use of a wide-barreled curling iron, for the purpose of creating waves in your hair.
- Divide your hair into 2-inch sections and spritz the styling spray through all the sections.
- Now, wrap each of the hair sections around the barrel of a curling iron. Make sure to alternate the directions.
- With the help of your fingers, comb the hair waves into a ponytail, keeping it a few inches to the left or the right.
- For wearing this style of ponytail, you need to blow-dry your hair straight. In case you have wavy hair, make use of a flat-iron.
- After you have ensured that your hair is completely straight, it is the time to brush it back into a ponytail. Use elastic to secure the ponytail.
- If there is any flyaway hair, you need to bring it under control, by making use of a hairspray.
- To add the finishing touch, run a shine serum through your ponytail.
- In order to make this ponytail, you need to put your fingers on either side of the front of your ears.
- Now, run your fingers straight up, through the hair.
- Grasp the collected hair in one hand and with the other, tease the roots, using a wide-toothed comb.
- Apply some hairspray on the teased roots and let the hair smooth back into a ponytail. Use elastic to secure the ponytail.
- Get a volumnizer and spray it at the roots of your hair. Now, let your hair air-dry, making sure to scrunch it for a bit and create waves in hair.
- In case you don't want to apply the volumnizer, you can also blow-dry your hair, using fingers to separate hair, instead of a brush.
- Again using your fingers, not a brush, gather the hair and secure them into a ponytail, either at the nape of your neck or just a bit higher.
- As the finishing touch, scrunch the ponytail and use decorative bobby pins to pin bangs or unsecured layers.
- For this ponytail, you first need to blow-dry your hair, after using mousse or spray for volume.
- After you are through with the blow dry part, pull your hair high on top of the head, taking care to do away with any bumps.
- Use elastic to secure the ponytail. You can add some more bounce to the hair, by teasing it at the elastic.
- Spritz a bit of the hairspray on the hair and then wear a headband, for a trendy look.