All of us want to have smooth skin, which is completely blemish free and glows with health, making us look attractive and eye-catching. However, many problems come in the way of this, not least of which are open pores. They can make even the most beautiful of face look unpleasant. Are you aware that there are ways that can help you minimize the appearance of pores? No? Then, this article is a must-read for you! Go through the tips given in the following lines and know how to minimize pores.
Minimizing Pores On Your Face
- One of the best tips that can help you minimize the pores on your face comprises of a proper cleansing routine. Make sure to wash your face at least twice a day, preferably with a soap that contains salicylic acid. At the same time, never ever wear makeup to bed. Take time to remove it, wash your face and then have a good night's sleep. This will help unclog the pores and minimize their appearance, to quite an extent.
- Moisturizing is also an important of the overall procedure of making the pores on your face look smaller. If you have dry skin, settle on a moisturizer providing it with enough oils. On the other hand, the ones with greasy skin should opt for oil-free moisturizer. This is because excessive facial oil can make pores look larger. If it is possible, go for a moisturizer that contains retinol, as it boosts collagen and makes pores look smaller.
- Though most of the people are unaware of the fact, using the right sunscreen can go a long way in minimizing the pores on their face. How? Actually, excessive exposure to sun can make your pores look larger, that too permanently. So, you need to wear sunscreen protection on a daily basis, especially one that has both UVA and UVB protection and has a minimum SPF of 30.
- Exfoliation of skin is yet another step that can help you minimize the appearance of pores. For the purpose, you need to make use of a facial scrub or loofah, on your face, at least once in a week. However, make sure to massage your face lightly with it and not scrub harshly. As you indulge in scrubbing, the pores will be rid of dirt and oil, which tend to make them look larger.
Some More Tips
- After taking your face through a proper cleansing routine, you should use an astringent toner on the pores. However, make sure to avoid using it on the areas that do not have open pores. Otherwise, your glands might end up producing more oil, since astringent tends to make the skin dry.
- In case you have been excessively troubled by the appearance of pores on your skin, it is advisable to consult a good dermatologist. He might recommend topical creams or treatments, like chemical peel, laser-skin resurfacing, intense-pulsed-light treatment or dermabrasion, for you.
- If you are going to a party and want to hide the open pores, use a foundation primer containing silicone, before applying the makeup. It will help fill in the pores and provide you with smooth skin for foundation. At the same time, stick to matte foundation, not cream or oil-based ones.