An unclean face, howsoever attractive, looks extremely dull and dreary. On top of that, if you have clogged pores, be sure that your beauty is as good as wasted. The clogging of pores occurs due to the accumulation of dead cells and that, in turn, results from the accumulation of dirt, pollution, and excessive oil on the face. It is very natural to get these unclogged pores, if you don’t follow a strict regime of cleansing. The problem is more common with the women with oily skin. Whatever be the reason, clogged pores look extremely ugly. So, unless you want to go out covering your face with a paper bag, read on to know how to unclog pores.
- Wash your face. This is the most important thing that you can do to not let the dirt set on your face. You need to clean your face four to five times a day. Apply a gentle face wash or a cleaner to remove the oil and the dirt and rinse off with cool water.
- Now, take a gentle scrub and apply all around your face. In an upward and gentle circling, rub the scrub onto your skin. Continue for 2-3 minutes and then rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Blot your face with a clean towel, in order to let it dry. Thereafter, apply an astringent on your face, with the help of a cotton ball.
- Apply a comedogenic moisturizing cream or lotion on your face (you will get it from any medical store). Being an anti-clogging moisturizer, it doesn’t let the pores get blocked.
- All these points will help your face clean and won’t let the pores set in. However if you suffering from too much unclogged pores, then you need to take steam for your face, after you have washed it with warm water.
- Boil a liter of water and pour it in a big bowl. Cover your head and face with a towel and expose your face to the steam for fifteen minutes. Don’t get too close to the bowl, otherwise you may get scalded. Take the steam for fifteen minutes. Adjust your position if you feel the heat is too much.
- After you have taken the steam, apply a mask of fuller’s earth or a pack recommended for oily skin. Leave on for twenty minutes and then wash off with a towel dipped in warm water. Rinse your face with cold water and apply toner.
- Along with all these steps, follow a rich nutritious diet and incorporate exercises in your routine. Sweat is the most natural cleaner, so the more you sweat with the exercise, the better your skin will be.
Recipe For Facial Steam
- Three liters of Boiled Water
- Few drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Few drops of Lavender Essential Oil/Tea Tree Oil
- Few leaves of Holy Basil
- Few leaves of Neem Tree
- Add all the other ingredients to boiling water and cover it with a lid. Let it set for few minutes and take the steam.
Face Packs For Unclogged Pores
- Make a paste of oatmeal and water and mix it thoroughly. Now apply it on your face for twenty minutes and wash it off with warm water.
- Apply mashed avocado on your face and wash it off with water, after twenty minutes.
- Take two tablespoon of yeast and add few drops of lemon juice to it. Add enough water to make a thick paste and apply it on your face for fifteen minutes.
- Mix one spoon of Aloe Vera pulp to two-table spoon green clay. Add few drops of jojoba oil and lavender oil to it and mix it with water. Apply on the face, leave it for half an hour, and then wash off with cold water.