Whenever there is any celebration, be it in case of family functions like birthdays and anniversaries or holidays like Christmas and Easter, gifts become inevitable. Though there are myriad gifts available in the market, the charm held by a homemade gift can hardly be beaten. This is because it represents the utmost love and care a person has for you. There is a wide variety in homemade gifts also, provided you are ready to make that extra effort. Candy bouquet is one of the most popular options as far as handmade gifts are concerned. In the following lines, we have provided instructions to help you know all about making candy bar bouquets.
How to Make Candy Bouquet
- Boxed candy
- Candy bars
- Curling Ribbon
- Decorations for Container
- Floral Picks
- Floral Pins
- Hot Glue Gun, with glue sticks
- Lollipop Sticks
- Moss/ Shred
- Mylar Sprays
- Printed Wrappers
- Satin Ribbon (thin)
- Silk Flowers
- Styrofoam Ball
- Styrofoam Block
- Wide Ribbon
- Wrapped Hard Candies
Wrapped Candy Bouquet
- First of all, you need to go to the market and purchase lots of wrapped, hard candies.
- The colors of the candies should suit the occasion. For instance, pastels work best for baby showers and wedding showers, while gold, silver and jewel tones are perfect for holiday gifts.
- Get a container in which you would put the candies, It can be a mug, a flower pot or any similar container.
- Now is the time to decorate the container. You can paint it from the outside and adorn it with beads, sequins, etc.
- Put some candies in the bottom of the container.
- Next, place a block of Styrofoam and top it off with a foam ball on a dowel.
- With the help of moss or shred, cover the top of the base.
- Take some candies and glue them to the top of the base.
- Attach a florist pin into one end of a candy wrapper and stick to the Styrofoam ball.
- Take another pin and stick it into the other end of the wrapper.
- Keep on attaching the candies till you see that the entire ball is covered with them.
- Using the double faced satin ribbon, make small bows and pin them between the candies.
- Take curling ribbon and cut 6 pieces from it.
- Tie the ribbon pieces around the bottom of the dowel and curl the ends.
- Just above the curling ribbon, fasten a wide ribbon around the dowel
Candy Bar Bouquet
- Go to the market and get candy bars and boxed movie-style candy.
- Take printed wrappers and cover the candy bars with them.
- Get a container - mug, flower pot or anything similar.
- Decorate the container from the outside.
- Place a block of Styrofoam in the container.
- Use moss or shred to envelop the top of the base.
- Attach candy bars and boxed candy to lollipop sticks.
- Insert sticks in the Styrofoam base, arranging them to make the back row highest and other rows staggered.
- Decorate the lollipop sticks with ribbons, silk flowers, Mylar sprays or floral picks.
- Stick them in the base, among the candy bars.