Whether you have called over friends for dinner or are planning to have a quiet lunch at home, baked macaroni and cheese is a dish that always comes to your rescue. The typical ingredients include milk and cheese, though their variety might differ as per the recipe. Still, the luscious flavor of the dish never ceases to impress homeowners as well as guests. In case you are also a lover of baked macaroni and cheese and want to try it out at home, the recipes given below are just perfect. Go through the following lines and know how to make the dish.
Baked Macaroni & Cheese Recipes
- 1/2 pound Elbow Macaroni
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Powdered Mustard
- 3 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 large Egg
- 12 ounces Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Fresh Black Pepper
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Fill a large pot with water and add ½ a tsp salt to it. Now, place it on fire and bring to a boil.
- After the water starts boiling, put the macaroni in it and let it half-cook.
- In the meantime, melt 3 tbsp butter in pan and whisk in the flour and mustard. Keep on stirring the mixture, for about five minutes.
- Once the mixture is completely free of lumps, stir in the milk, onion, bay leaf, and paprika.
- Let the mixture stir for about ten minutes and then remove the bay leaf and discard it.
- Now, add egg to the mixture, followed by 3/4 of the cheese. Finally, add salt and pepper, to taste.
- As soon as the macaroni becomes tender, fold it into the mixture and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Place the macaroni in a 2-quart casserole dish and add the remaining cheese on top.
- Next, melt the rest 3 tbsp butter in a pan and add the bread crumbs. Toss well and use as garnish over the macaroni.
- Place the casserole dish in a preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees F, for 30 minutes.
- 1 package (12 ounce) Macaroni
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 2½ cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place a large pot, filled with salted water, on flame and bring it to boil. Add the macaroni and cook for about 5 minutes, until half-cooked.
- In a large cup, beat the egg. Add milk and whisk together well. Finally, add butter and cheese and stir.
- Get a 2-quart baking dish, grease it lightly and place the half-cooked macaroni in it.
- Add the egg-mixture to the dish, followed by salt and pepper, to taste. Stir the ingredients well and press the mixture evenly all around.
- Place the dish in a preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees F, for 30 to 40 minutes.